Thor McAndrew Construction

• Trade License Expiration
  • 20151130

780 E Francis Suite K

Ontario, CA 91761

Thor McAndrew Construction is a family owned and operated business since 1998. We pride ourselves in providing prompt and couteous service to all of our customers. We are licensed and insured and provide free estimates....

drywall repair (69)plaster (11)interior painting (5)home remodeling (4)insulation (4)water and smoke damage (3)floor cleaning (1)home remodeling (1)

06/13/2020

It went well. It was completed over three partial days since they had to spray for mold and allow to dry. They kept me updated as to the progress and were punctual and friendly. This is the second job that they have done at the house and I am very pleased with their work! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to my family and friends!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace drywall in bedroom due to water damage from leaking roof.

CATEGORY drywall,insulation,water damage restoration

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/06/2020

07/18/2019

He was punctual with the appointment . He wrote the proposal right away very professional The project did not go thru because something came up . But he was very polite n understanding on my questions. I would ask him for another proposal and call him again if I have a drywall job to be done

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drywall ceiling

03/22/2019

Beautiful job. I highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drywall for living room and dinner room.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/22/2014

01/10/2019

perfect. very nice, responsible, punctual, and did great work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
drywalled part of a wall

CATEGORY drywall,insulation,plastering

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2019

08/29/2017

The guys were on time, friendly, clean, and did excellent work. I highly recommend and would definitely call them again. I only wish they painted & hung doors so the job could have been completed all at one time. But the work they did do was spot on.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuild a closet, repair wall & ceiling damaged by water.

CATEGORY drywall,insulation

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2017

07/31/2017

Other than the color (for which we'll have a painter come in later) you can't even tell where the hole was. They worked quick & clean.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had a slab leak in our office/bedroom that needed to be re-routed, so the plumbing company had to cut two holes in the drywall to fix the leak by bypassing it. This left two big holes in the walls. Cody and his crew came in, fixed the drywall and matched the texture perfectly.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/24/2017

C

07/24/2017

Moving on too the kitchen they refused to give a bid and exclude he portion of the job related to the beam they falsely claimed was a hazard. Again, I would never endanger my family. The electrical job was done by two Highly rated Angie's List electricians with 30 year experience each and I even offer then the receipt. There was no reason not to bid other than they knew their bid would be too high...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drywall Entire kitchen. Drywall two large patches in Living Room and Family Room. Cody McAndrew declined my business or even to make an offer. He declined ostensibly because he felt i was hiding unsafe work from a home inspector. I explained to him that besides the 2 2" x12" boards, the 2 x 4" added and 2' x 6" added that I would be adding two additional 2" x 12" and two additional 2"x6". Given that 3.5 of the 2" x 12" were cut into by a crazy contractor who lied about his credentials in the end the original 2" x 12 were turned into 2" x 6". I have added 4 full 2" x 12" are added, as will as three 2" x 6", 1 2"x4". Now it has four 2" x 12" as originally there + four 2" x 12" that have 6" remaining, three 2" x 12", and one 2" x 4". All together it has twice the support of as it originally had. It is safe or my family which we have no attention of ever selling and I am confident no one wold be in danger. I believe the job was realty turned down because they knew their bid would be too high. The idea that what has being done is unsafe if a red herring. I therefor rated then a C at best, because I feel they were afraid to price it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2017

05/10/2017

Absolutely great. Cody and Eric, the two brothers who operate the company, were awesome from the very beginning when I called to get an estimate. Here's how it went beginning to end: 1) Phone call - answered and set appointment for estimate (same day) 2) Appointment for Estimate - on time and professional 3) Scheduled Job for 8:00am - arrived at 7:55am 4) Prep work - masked off and draped all work...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had an electrician put recessed lights in two rooms. To do this they made about 18 holes in the ceilings and walls. The electrician does not do drywall repair so I needed to hire an experience drywall company to do the job.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/10/2017

04/16/2017

I was happy with the work performed; would hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
repair cracks in ceiling and walls, remove popcorn from upstairs ceilings

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/16/2017

11/04/2016

These guys are the best. They were very responsive, and we set an appointment for them to come look at the job. They gave us a quote, and stated they were able to start the work within our requested time frame. They took two days to apply four coats of plaster to the ceiling, including sanding/finishing, as well as fixing all of the wall cracks. Extremely polite and detail-oriented, I believe they...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We recently purchased a 1926 craftsman farmhouse. Lath and plaster walls throughout. After we did some structural repairs to the ceiling in the large living/dining room area, the ceiling plaster was in poor shape do to previous acoustic texture applied (which we scraped off ourselves), as well as exposed metal lath, and cracks in the wall plaster caused by the shifting of weight when the structural repairs were made. We hired Thor McAndrew construction to repair all cracks in the walls and ceiling, and smooth out the ceiling to a flat texture to match the existing plaster wall texture.

CATEGORY drywall,plastering

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/04/2016

Drywall installation & repair, room additions, entertainment center, plumber damage, water damage, architectural designs, texture to match existing, orange peel, acoustic, knock down, garage make overs, electrician damage & interior plaster repair, commercial services include: metal stud framing, break rooms, tenant improvement, demolition, demising walls & architectural designs.