Vince's Landscaping Inc

A97 REVIEWS

Founded 1981 • Angie's List since September 2009

3940 Pacheco Blvd

Martinez, CA 94553

Vinces Landscaping is a full service residential landscape design & construction firm. We do it all, from initial design through completion. No job is too large or too small. We have been licensed by the State of California as a landscape contractor for the past 30 years. Vinces Landscaping also offers our clients the benefit of maintaining liability & workmans compensation insurance and are fully bonded by the State of California....

Landscaping (82)Pavers and Hardscaping (42)Tree Service (10)Masonry (8)Stone and Gravel (7)Patios (6)Decks and Porches (6)Concrete Pouring and Repair (5)Landscaping - Lighting (4)Fencing (2)Concrete Driveways (2)Lawn and Yard Work (1)

05/14/2014

It was disappointing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called and made an appointment to get an estimate.  We live out of town and would need to take the day off of work to travel for the appointment.  The appt. was at 11:am.  No show, no call.  When we called we only got voicemail.

CATEGORY landscaper, masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/14/2014

[removed member name], this review is a bit unfair. I contacted both your work and home numbers that I was given multiple times ( and left voicemail's on each number) to let you know I was running behind schedule. After multiple calls and 2 voicemails left I did not receive any response so it was assumed you had lost interest in the project. After you contacted my office we were willing to re-sche...
D

03/27/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They said the job was to much for them to handle with their equipment.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/10/2014

02/28/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I asked them for a bid to remove a tree and they told me if it's over 25" they weren't interested and they referred me to someone else who hasn't bothered to reply. Bad business practice

CATEGORY tree service

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/21/2014

[Member name removed], I am sorry you were unsatisfied with our service. It is not that we are uninterested in removing a tree over 25' tall, it is that we are unequipped & not properly insured to remove a tree of that size. I'm sorry that my referral did not bother to contact you but I did send you the name of another tree removal company that would be able to take care of the tree for you. Vince...

01/12/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We're not utilized due to price, was impressed with response to out request for a price quote .

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/20/2013

C

06/02/2013

We went with another bid.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Met with contractor and had a good conversation, got a bid a week later, then no followup or response to repeated phone calls and text messages.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2013

08/16/2012

See above

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I asked Vince to come out to see if our auto watering timer could be fixed or needed replacement.  He did use his tester and declared it caput.  When I asked him what he recommended for a replacement, he tried to pitch a unit that I would buy from him at the cost of $2,000 to $3,000, and he would install it for another $500.  (I can't remember the exact cost for the unit, but it was in the thousands).  When I said there must be good lower costing units, he named a few that were a little less, but said the first was the best, etc.  So, I sent him on his way after paying $95.00 (his discounted price for coming out -- I saw the reduction offer on his web site; otherwise it would have been $125 just for coming out).  As he was leaving, he mentioned the Orbit brand unit.  I went to Home Depot where I learned there are many reliable brands at much less cost, but I decided to try an Orbit which cost $30, and went home and connected and programmed it myself (took maybe 1/2 hour), and it's been working perfectly ever since. I can't really critique his work since he didn't do any for me, but I do say beware to others who might have to have a replacement of their watering timer unit -- Vince will try to give you a high costing unit that you don't need.

CATEGORY hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2012

05/05/2012

Poor customer service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Left a voicemail message detailing what I was looking to do in our backyard and requested a call back to let me know if they could come out for an estimate.  Never got a reply.  I guess they must be doing pretty well with plenty of work but it would be nice if they at least showed some common courtesy and returned my phone call.  Totally unprofessional.

CATEGORY landscaper, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/03/2012

Sorry we weren't able to return your call. We do try to return everyones phone calls no matter how busy we are, however, something must have slipped through the cracks. Thank you for your feed back.

Landscaping, Sod Lawns, Synthetic Lawns, Drip, Low Maintenance Gardens, Drought Tolerant Gardens, Drainage, French Drains, Retaining Walls, Interlocking Pavers, Pavers, Flagstone, Brick, Decks, Pergolas, Pool Demolition And Fill, Outdoor Kitchens, Low Voltage Lighting, Cleanups, Trimming, Pruning, Landscape Design & Consultation, Leveling, Masonry, Concrete, Woodwork, Water Features, Irrigation Installation, Sprinklers & Earth Moving, Seasonal Maintenance

Yard maintenance, Asphalt Driveways, Irrigation Repair/Service