UCLA Health System Manhattan Beach

Angie's List since October 2008

Not Rated| 15 Reviews

There are 3 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. Average patient volume is 80 patients per day....

05/14/2014

He is good.  He is hard to get into.  I like hem and he is thorough but it is difficult to get an appointment with him.  I can?t help it if he is busy and I think that is what happens when you are a good doctor.  The staff is fine.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We used the services of Dr. David Austin.  My boys go to him for a yearly physical and my husband goes to him as well for a physical.

CATEGORY family doctor, internist

09/26/2013

I have been seeing Dr. David Austin for several years. He is wonderful. I have a plan to keep meds to a minimum and get my issues under control. He's a great doctor.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concern for acid reflux.

01/28/2013

Good generally. The wait was less 5 min. The doctor answered all my questions. Simple check-up with blood work. Simple appointment but solid result.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Regular Check-up

06/21/2012

The difficulty we have is being able to speak directly with the doctor by telephone.  The staff takes the message and returns the call, but sometimes talking with the doctor is best for everyone.  Recently even the doctor on call didn't speak with me, but had her nurse handle it  Depending on the urgency of the question, and realizing doctors have other patients, I think patients deserve service w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr Austin has treated me and my  husband for about 10 years.  He has been competent and answers our questions; my husband wishes he hadn't asked when he would move into the geriatric-patient category because Dr. Austin told him he had been there for a number of years already!  (chuckles all around).

CATEGORY family doctor

04/27/2012

I keep going back to her because I'm confident that she's a good doctor. It never takes very long to get in there. Some of the staff are real friendly, and some are just confident. She did come to see me that one time in the hospital.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went in to get a flu shot.

CATEGORY internist

UCLA Health System Manhattan Beach is a primary care office consisting of one Internal Medicine and two Family Medicine doctors. All three are board-certified physicians dedicated to exceptional healthcare.