Animal Specialty & Emergency Center

Founded 1990 • Angie's List since July 2006

We accept Cash, Checks (with Telecheck approval), all major credit cards, Care Credit and Wells Fargo Health Advantage...

09/16/2014

They were 100% professional. I love them. I can't give them a high enough rating. They were actually tremendously spectacular with both of my pets. Both of my pets ended up passing and they were very good to me after the passing of my animals as well. They sent me books and encourages, sympathy and everything else and they worked with the company that I had cremate the pets. They held on to them u...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I brought my cat in for emergency services and he ended up dying and they didn't charge me anything. My dog, she had been going through several different procedures. She had a lot of emergency care. She had two operations. They were trying to take care of like she had something going on with her throat. She had cancer going on. She had like many different problems.

09/02/2013

A LESSON TO BE LEARNED FOR ALL PET LOVERS: THIS PAST MARCH I TOOK MY BOY TO HAVE HAVE HIS HEART CHEEKED, AND IT TURNED OUT TO BE THE MOST DREADFUL DAY. AFTER A FEW MINUTES OF BEING ON THE TABLE, MY BEST FRIEND DIED.I WAS TOLD THAT THEY WERE SIMPLY GOING TO GIVE HIM AN ULTRASOUND, AND WITHOUT MY APPROVAL OR EXPLAINING ANYTHING TO ME THEY INJECTED HIM WITH LIDOCAINE. NOT ONLY WAS THIS WRONG, BUT IT ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Basically, they were responsible for my best friend's death.

05/20/2013

Pricey, but very efficient. Would definitely use their services again. Terrrific staff !

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Emergency care for pet.

03/28/2013

They were very responsive and nice to the dog and my daughter. They had to do an MRI to diagnose the problem. They were able to figure out a different approach to retrieving the palm pit other than performing surgery.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My daughter used Animal Surgical & Emergency Center a couple of weeks ago due to our dog ate a palm pit and it got stuck.

11/03/2012

The dogs with cardiac problems were montitored well and because their problems were caught early, they both died of other causes. The end of life care at this hospital is the best.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have used ASEC for emergency, Dr. Williams for cardiology, and was a client of Dr. Downing and her team at their old location for oncology. The doctors here have cutting edge knowledge of veterinary medicine. Better still, both the "front of the house," but even more important, "the back of the house" are great. When my 10 year old Ibizan Hound was dying, the techs would feed her chicken out of their salads to get her to eat. They are expensive, but there are no bargains for cutting edge specialists or emergency services. If any of my dogs had to have special treatment, this is my number one choice in Los Angeles county.

CATEGORY veterinarian

Neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, total hip replacement, soft tissue surgery, reconstructive surgery, thoracic surgery, cardiac surgery, laser surgery, oncologic surgery, video endoscopy, T.P.L.O, video laparoscopy, video thoracoscopy, video arthroscopy, digital X-ray, digital fluoroscopy, on-site digital CT scanner, myelography, electrodiagnostics, ultrasonography, minimally invasive surgery, internal medicine, oncology, cardiology, radiology, 24 hour ICU

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal