Mark Lewis & Son Construction

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

5939 E Wentworth St

Long Beach, CA 90815

We are a leader in providing value-added construction services through Long Beach, Orange & So. Los Angeles Counties for over 30 years. We have a full time highly trained crew and our subcontractors are skilled, licensed tradesmen. Our pledge is to achieve a high level of satisfaction and to establish lasting relationships with our customers by providing quality craftsmanship, attention to detail, and earning your trust through exceptional performance throughout the construction process. This is the cornerstone of all of our projects....

plumber (18)home remodeling (13)home remodeling (8)flooring (5)interior painting (5)woodworking (5)lighting installation (4)electrician (4)tile installation (3)roofing (3)marble and granite (3)countertop installation (2)

06/25/2019

To hire a contractor who started out in the Plumbing business could not have been a better choice for a bathroom remodel. Everything went wonderfully. They knew the law so I was able to do things correctly. They had ideas that even I did not have, having dreamed about this for a few years. The contractors son, who was also a licensed contractor was the main person on the job and here every day. I ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
remodel of my bathroom

CATEGORY electrician, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, marble & granite, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/25/2019

04/10/2019

Incredibly well. Mark and Cody Lewis were attentive and responsive to our expectations for this remodel and extension. Their crews were professional, timely, and oversight was like clockwork. When any issues came up we were immediately consulted to discuss options. We found that we were in good hands and could trust and rely on them to do a great job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Master bedroom suite extension to existing house

CATEGORY ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, flooring, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/09/2019

04/02/2019

Mark and his crews and subs were on time and on budget. Easy to work with too.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roofing, plumbing, carpentry, grading and paving, fencing

CATEGORY landscaper, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, roofing, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/12/2018

06/16/2017

They added a window and removed the popcorn ceiling and painted a room. They did a real good job with the clean out. The work was good. The only problem I had was with communication due to a language barrier. The work was complete in two or two and a half days. The work is fine. The price was reasonable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They added a window and painted a room.

CATEGORY remodeling, replacement windows, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/16/2015

D

11/10/2016

not good. they did a bait and switch. when I called for pricing, I was told $85.00 an hour. When they got here it changed to $85.00 for first 1/2 hour and then $85.00 an hour. I never do work with bait and switch. If they are not trustworthy to begin with you are looking for trouble

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
needed a faucet put in kitchen

CATEGORY plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/10/2016

C

02/05/2016

Mark was very responsive whenever I reached out to him, but there was no follow-through on his part. He came out to my house to talk about scope, but seemed distracted and left without getting the full job scope from me. After a week without receiving the estimate, I checked in with him and he gave me a reason for the delay that was understandable. A month after, I checked in with him again. He wa...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Estimate (or lack thereof) for kitchen and bath remodel, flooring and ceiling work

CATEGORY flooring, plumbing, remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/2016

11/19/2015

Mark Lewis sub-contracted most of the project, acting as the general contractor. He had worked with these sub-contractors for many years. They were skilled and competent craftsmen. We were very pleased with the work of his contractors. They did a quality job on time and cleaned up each day. Our friends & family have complimented us on the the new look of our kitchen. We have no hesitation in recom...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Completely renovated kitchen, took it down to studs. Replaced front entry door.

CATEGORY plumbing, remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/09/2015

08/26/2015

He returned my call and set up appt. for estimate 3 hours later. He didn't show up and never called.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Didn't show up for estimate

CATEGORY plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/08/2015

07/10/2015

I wish I could give them 100 stars. The service was superb. They were priced very competitively. I needed the job done fast and they came through for me big time. Every trade was very professional, accommodating, on time, friendly, knowledgeable. I will definitely use them again and can't recommend them enough. A huge shout out to Sam and Cody - Thank you both for making it all happen.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home repairs, painting, drywall, flooring, plumbing, cabinetry, windows

CATEGORY flooring, plumbing, interior painters, cabinet refacing

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/29/2015

05/24/2014

The patio cover at our rental property was reported to have issues.  After initial inpection, we could see that there was visible dry rot of the support beams.  Mark Lewis Constructioin came out and gave a reasonable bid.  Mark started the project on time.  It was soon discovered that the wood rot was worse than initially thought to be.  This caused more work and repairs to be completed.  Mark too...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Many wood repairs and roofing repair on our attached patio cover for our rental property

CATEGORY plumbing, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/21/2014

[member name removed] I was happy to help with you project and would like to be of assistance in any of your future needs. Thank you for the review. Mark

Residential & Commercial, remodeling, repair, second story and room additions, kitchens & bathrooms, window replacement, patio covers and decks, pools and hardscape, all phases of construction for your home inside and outside. From small jobs to new ground up construction.

NA