Access to trusted reviews, the best Flooring Installers and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Huntington Beach Flooring Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Huntington Beach Flooring Installers Reviews
Our current project was a roughly $200,000 house remodel on a million dollar home that required coordination among a variety of interior and exterior contractors over approximately 6 months. Pier was hired primarily for his expertise as a carpenter an area where he truly shines as one of the best. In particular, Pier delivered a beautiful staircase and wainscoting exactly to our specifications as well as matching built in seating and beadboard in adjoining rooms. The entire flow of the house works perfectly as all the areas are designed and built correctly in the same style and finish. On the exterior, Pier was able to install our choice of siding (
I have seen negative ratings issued to Pier based on price. In my experience, Pier's price was very competitive with other tradesman that we evaluated and in all honestly, I think we got a bargain. I did however receive lower quotes on some portions of the job from less skilled contractors, contractor's without licenses, or contractors who did not intend to do the work themselves but subcontract out to other people. Its important when evaluating each bid to make sure bids are comparable for the services being offered both on the list of services but on the quality of construction. There were many areas that came up during the project (as always do) that required good judgement and experience to resolve correctly. I have hired many other contractors who would have avoided handling those problems, charged extra or failed to disclose them. In the long run (i.e. on a house you plan to live in) you always end up paying for those oversights.
In summary, if I was flying off into space in my house and I had to have just one contractor, I'd take Pier, both for his skill and his good company.
- Price above included some materials supplied by contractor. Some work managed by additional tradesman at Pier's direction.
The workmanship was awesome, they were able to
Bottom line is these guys were great! We get so many compliments on the floor and I have handed out their card several times now!! I would highly recommend them and hope to use them again in the future when we can redo our showers! :)
I'll start with the positives. First, knows them well enough to fool me! And third, he was willing to do all sorts of "extras" outside of our contract to help out around the house - from moving around furniture to hauling off debris, etc.
Unfortunately, he has no work ethic, is extremely unreliable and unprofessional, and does (or permits his team) to do shoddy work. His team is a collection of family members, ranging from folks that know what they're doing and have obviously been doing it for awhile to people that probably don't know any more about this work than I do.
The full story of my experience with
- Price creep. His prices started out incredibly low - too low, in retrospect. Along the way things just kept "popping up", and initially I was far too trusting and just accepted it. I believe he quoted too low on much of the work and was stuck in a position of inflating other costs (materials, etc.) to keep from being upside-down on the job.
- Quality. There's simply no way around it -
- Reliability. I can't count the number of times he committed to a date something would be completed - or even a time he was going to show up - and failed to deliver. This isn't simply a matter of being a bit late. He knew my move-in date over a month in advance, and all work was supposed to be completed three weeks prior to that. I had to go out of town right before moving in, and as late as 24 hours before move-in he was on the phone with me promising my house was coming along and would be ready. When I got back into town the house was still a contruction zone - not a single project was complete, and the place was a complete mess. Even after several talks, he'd commit to showing up "with a team" at 1pm, and at 11am the next day I'd get a call that he was "on his way" with no mention or acknowledgement that he no-showed.
- Care for customer's property / cleanliness. Every good contractor I've worked with has a habbit of tiddying up the job site, putting away tools, and removing trash at the end of the workday. Not so with
Overall I deeply regretted ever engaging Chilini Construction. They're turned what was a "fun" adventure - buying, renovating, and moving into a new home - into a series of frustrations, such that I hit a point of no longer caring about the shoddy work (I'd already resigned myself to having to re-do a lot of it, either myself or by hiring someone else) and just wanted them out of my house/life. It's unfortunate, as I do believe "
We loved the finished product. The master bathroom came out better than we envisioned due to the project manager making sure the design decisions were the right ones. We were able to review the design and make changes as needed. All the secondary bathrooms came out great and more than met our expectation. The same for the laundry room."
The workmanship is beyond belief, He and his crew work very hard to make your vision come true. He will stay with you and listen to all of your concerns.the kitchen was a total remodel, ceiling floors painting custom cabinets, lighting,painting,electrical.I am 100% satisfied with the price and the workmanship. and when ever I need to speak with
All Flooring Installers in Huntington Beach, CA
Huntington Beach, CA
Baldwin Park, CA
Mount Cory, OH
Baldwin Park, CA
Granada Hills, CA
Long Beach, CA
Sherman Oaks, CA
Thousand Oaks, CA