FOR YOUR GARDENS' NEEDS

A32 REVIEWS

Founded 1994 • Angie's List since December 2008

118 Taylor Drive

Fairfax, CA 94930

Landscapers serving San Francisco and Marin County, our friendly, professional staff and organic sustainable approach to design, installation and maintenance have satisfied our clients for over ten years. We'd be delighted to visit with you and discuss how our environmentally sound approach to landscaping can bring you the green garden you've always imagined, simply and beautifully....

Landscaping (27)Lawn and Yard Work (22)Tree Service (7)Lawn Irrigation (5)Pavers and Hardscaping (4)Hauling (3)Landscaping - Lighting (3)Stone and Gravel (1)Lighting (1)

11/26/2019

In a word, fantastic! Bret was very busy so it took a little time to get him in to do the work but the final result was well worth the wait. His workers were very professional and cleaned up everything after each day. Bret has excellent design ideas for the landscaping and I couldn’t be happier with the result. And my neighbors are very complimentary on the work that was done. I highly recommend F...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace all front yard landscaping and install irrigation system.

CATEGORY lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/28/2019

04/20/2018

went very well. Arrived when specified and did the work well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
gardening and weeding

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/16/2018

Greetings, We believe this review is for a different company?

05/16/2017

Bret de Zordo and his gardening guru's have been a Godsend. I have not had a single negative experience over the past year-and-a-half working with FYGN. From landscape design to monthly maintenance the work has been exceptional. As a Native San Franciscan, who now lives in the heart of the Marin community, Bret brings first-hand knowledge of native and non-native plants that will thrive in this ar...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My garden was in need of a refresh, redesign and irrigation update and fix. I also needed landscape lighting and regular monthly maintenance..

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, tree service, outdoor lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/16/2017

04/13/2017

Bret is very friendly, and very knowledgeable. We visited two nurseries to help me decide on plants, and I took a long time to decide on everything and Bret was very patient. He made a preliminary plant list, and then adapted it when I eliminated some because of allergies, and we both suggested alternatives or color changes, so it was a collaborative effort in the end. Then work was delayed becaus...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our back yard was full of boring, depressing, grey stones and a few old, out of shape plants. The pathway was just sand with some weeds in it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/13/2017

12/20/2016

Very well, Bret is very responsive and direct in assessment of what needs to be done. Good knowledge on what should/should not be done with steep hillside areas.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping/fire safety work, consultation on erosion control and spring landscaping.

CATEGORY hauling services, landscaper, lawn service

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/03/2016

10/19/2016

Bret was very easy to work with. He was very reliable and timely in all matters relating to the project.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Built a small retaining wall, put in sod and artificial turf and did landscaping around edge of yeard. Bret worked with us from design to seeing through the entire project.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2016

07/12/2015

Bret (the owner/operator of FYGN) is very friendly, punctual and professional. He is knowledgeable about San Francisco climates and plant-life, as well as relevant regulations (essential in San Francisco). He met with me several times (without charge) to discuss what I wanted to do with the various green spaces around the property, and was both helpfully honest about what we have to work with (giv...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bret met with me several times (without charge) to help me strategize various projects in the front and back yard. The initial project was to replace the small jungle that was growing in our front "yard" with drought resistant succulent plants.

CATEGORY landscaper

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/22/2015

03/10/2015

Bret was a pleasure to work with.  He had good ideas on plants and design.  He was enthusiastic and informed.  He was also very responsive when a few issues came up.  We got his name from Angie's List and the reviews of him were an accurate guide.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete design and installation of landscape and hardscape for front and back yards

CATEGORY landscaper, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/02/2015

01/25/2015

Bret came out and did a walkthrough with me, he's extremely knowledgable, straight to the point and has been very helpful (and very responsive to a barrage of email from me). We had them install a new control box for our drip irrigation system, clean up our yard and remove a number of plants that were either in bad shape, or doing more harm than good. The yard is already healthier (and better look...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Bret and his team are taking care of our yard in Mill Valley. We purchased a home (which we will not move into for a couple of months) and they started out with some cleanup and plant removal (a pretty extensive job) and are now maintaining our outdoor space, and we're planning on putting in some additional plants shortly.

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/07/2015

07/08/2014

We engaged Bret after our hardscaping was already installed. Probably less than ideal from an overall design perspective, but we had trouble with another landscape designer in the past, which required us to do it this way. Bret worked with this constraint well. I would say he's the kind of designer that has a vision that evolves as he goes. As mentioned by another homeowner, he didn't provide a pl...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed decorative landscaping, vegetable garden, irrigation and lighting.

CATEGORY landscaper, irrigation systems, lighting, outdoor lighting

Landscape Maintenance Landscape Design Organic Gardening Pest Management Drought & Irrigation Management Hardscape Construction Staging