Alex Khadavi MD

Angie's List since October 2008

B Rated | 7 Reviews

There are 2 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site....

11/28/2017

My mom's ankle area which was injected (note this is an area never to be injected due to lack of blood flow and risk of infection see links attached), opened up a few days after the procedure with a large gaping HOLE, of dead necrotic tissue, bleeding and swelling. We called the office over several days as this got progressively worse for my mom and were told to “put some Neosporin and a Band-Aid ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My 79 year old mother went in to see Dr. Alex Khadavi 6.28.17 at 16260 Ventura Blvd, Encino, CA 91436 for a skin cancer check and was up-sold on what he called a “much needed” varicose vein procedure. My mother couldn’t give "Informed Consent" as she is mostly deaf and in early stage cognitive decline, also they have her / my medial POA in the office AND I was in the waiting room waiting for her. They never came to get me, to ask me, to talk to her. NO pre-operative directions were provided as it was NOT planned, and NO post op instructions were given leaving my mom at risk of infection or even death from possible blood clots as you DO NOT do this procedure on a woman her age... nor do you do it in 15 minutes, in a laying down position, nor do you use the solution we believe he used, nor do you let a person leave without wrapping their legs in compression garments. This doctor is all about the hustle, the swindle and the up sell. He is negligent in this and many procedures he performs if you read his Yelp reviews its horrifying and his office staff and nurses are somewhere between ignorant to procedure requirements & patient care or just indifferent. My mom was then charged $450 on the way out, although she is Medicare and has a PPO back up she was told insurance wouldn’t cover procedure, which she was NOT told in advance... BUT the office filed and were then paid by her insurance then refused to refund her, which is medical fraud. COMPLAINT WITH AETNA / MEDICARE # G-17240837349 CLERK ERIN B. # A-105822

11/30/2012

Dr. Khadavi takes the time to look over my skin, and ask me questions about any problems that I may have with my skin(like sunspots, moles, etc.). His assistant then gives me a chemical peel to clean my facial skin. My face looks younger and healthier after I go and visit him. I am very happy with his services.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My face tends to be oily, splotchy, and I have blackheads. I needed my face to be cleaned up. Dr. Khadavi takes the time to address my concerns. He is very professional and courteous towards me. I visit him once a month to keep my face looking young and healthy.

07/10/2012

I have never had a problem with any aspect of Dr. Khadavi's practice or his treatment of me, my husband or my friends.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have many reasons to see Dr. Khadavi. My skin is terribly fair, I am almost 70 and have had years of sun damage. He has removed cancer from my husband and one of my friends. Both are highly satisfied with the outcome. He has removed dozens of pre-cancerous spots from all over my body. He removed deep black heads in my scalp when another dermatologist told me that I should go get a facial for any extractions. He referred me to another excellent physician for cosmetic surgery. Aside from removing odd growths from my body, he has given me treatments of botox and perlayne. I must say he has made me look wonderful. the man is a true artist. He is also conservative in that he doesn't over-do anything at all. I find his fees as reasonable. His office is attractive, and the nurses, staff and physician assistants have all been absolutely wonderful.

C

05/16/2012

The doctor determine my spot was of no real concern. However, he spent most of the exam time trying to sell me cosmetic procedures which I did not need nor want. I understand that this doctor probably makes a good portion of his earning providing cosmetic services to his clients, but I felt it was highly inappropriate given the nature of my visit and my clear non interest in such services. I felt ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had a spot that needed to be looked at to make sure it wasn't anything to be concerned about. The doctor examined the spot in addition to the rest of my body.

08/05/2010

He is congenial, thorough, and assertive when addressing issues. His efficiency, availability, and beside manner all stand out to me. The whole facility is only two or three years old so it is up-to-date. If you have a problem he will address it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Alex Khadavi is my dermatologist. I go every three or four months because I had skin cancer.

DERMATOLOGIST