City of Hope National Medical Center

Angie's List since October 2008

There are 148 doctors at this site. Surgery is not performed at this site. To see if a provider is board certified visit abms.org...

01/28/2015

Dr. Lily Lai is funny and a very nice woman. She literally saved me. The staff at her office are busy but confident. The staff really rotates because it is a large facility. The facility is internationally known and is a great place. They treat cancer and diabetes there. I only have to wait 20-30 minutes to be seen. The office is very well organized. The staff tracks your medication and calls you ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a check up. I go in four times a year to get a CT and blood work done.

CATEGORY surgeons

08/20/2014

They're very professional. They're top class hospital for cancer. If you need a hospital for cancer, I would highly recommend them. They have equipment and that's all they do. They're very, very nice. They have a good atmosphere. They are very empathetic. It's just a good experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I go to City of Hope for follow-ups.

07/17/2014

It's just an amazing place and full of hope. Another place we went to said that they'll just wait until my husband gets sick before they treat him and that was not good. It's the level of expertise, they're such above everybody else for treatment of cancer.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We've been going to them now for six years. My husband had a stem cell transplant there.

03/27/2014

They say they're fantastic but they weren't to me. They wouldn't give me treatment and told me I had 2 months to live. It's been almost 2 years since then. I have since found out that the doctor I saw at the time is no longer there, which is probably one good thing.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I went in for a second opinion on my diagnosis of cancer.

09/19/2013

They're excellent. They're extremely competent. They're easy to see. Their valet parking is very reasonable and it's not by the hour. Everyone I've talked to had been extremely good. For their communication, they worry about things like that.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I am currently seeing City of Hope for hospital services. I was there last Tuesday for a blood test.

CATEGORY hospitals,blood labs