S&B Electric

B6 REVIEWS

Founded 2006 • Angie's List since February 2012

950 Detroit Ave Check us out on - YELP

Concord, CA 94518

PLEASE READ!!! Im sorry Angies List has wasted your time and mine. We dont service outside of Concord, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Walnut Creek. If you are outside of these areas here is why it still shows up in service area map. When they called me I told them we didnt need more service call type of work we have plenty of work with out Angie's List in our own local area. The rep who signed us up said we can customize the leads to be very specific and only go after the type of calls he was telling me about. He said the average size job sold for Angies List was over 28k and they sold over 5.8million in electrical alone last year. So I bit and signed up thinking I just need one job and that would pay for the advertising for the entire year, why not. Well those statements he made were not true, Angie's List locks you into 1 year contract and I can not cancel. To shrink my coverage it will cost me an extra $50 a month on top of the $500 they are charging me already and i would have to buy out the remainder of the contract to do that. So im stuck leaving a service area too large for my company, and my account manager says, "thats what you signed up for" so he cant help me. Also, The day i signed up they took my credit card and said they would not run the card until i was verified and they checked my references which i didnt give them yet they ran my card anyway and signed me up. How are you taking money before checking company references like they advertise? Desperate to sign contractors up it seems? Right now I am trying to get a hold of the recorded conversation I had with the salesman who signed me up and will be posting my conversation on social media sites to vent my frustration with this corrupt company who use misleading dishonest tactics to sign companies up. All of this is my opinion and my personal experience and I FEEL TRAPPED. Sorry for my rant...

Electrical (6)

09/27/2019

The 2 technicians came to my house and immediately figured out what the problem was - a loose wire in the wall. They fixed it and replaced several outlets that weren't working too. They were very professional and knowlegeable - unlike another company I had come in. I highly recommend their services. I also had them come in to rewire my electrical panel in the garage.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Overhead lights weren't working/several outlets not working

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2019

09/18/2019

They were very dependable. It was great. I would reccomend them anytime. The price was very affordable and competitive.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They replaced some plugs and switches and they rewired some wire for my hot tub.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2019

D

03/31/2018

The have a diagnostic fee of $185. They told me that upfront and told me that if it is a small job, the $185 gets applied to the repair or if it is a big job. half of the amount gets applied. The panel GFCI breaker to our spa was tripping, which we needed fixed. They sent out an electrician who was working in the area to shut off the power at the spa. He found the breaker and feed to the spa was n...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
GFCI Breaker to Spa was tripping

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/27/2018

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us was not what you expected. As far as our diagnostic fee goes, we always communicate this fee to our potential clients and how part of that fee can be applied if more work is needed. Before we dispatch our technicians to a call we will first recommend that the homeowner try a few steps of troubleshooting like (reset breakers and GFCI). We have multi...

10/13/2016

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/13/2014

03/12/2014

He came on a Sunday. He fixed everything and let me know about a couple of other potential problems, which saved me money from having to make another call. He even had to run down to the hardware store to buy the right part. He showed me what was wrong before he performed the work. He cleaned up after himself and he never spoke down to me. He was polite, courteous and efficient.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He came to repair electric circuits in a control box.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/10/2013

04/17/2013

Excellent work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired Stewart to install our fixture in our diningroom a couple of years ago so of course when we had a short downstairs in our electrical wiring we called him again. He was prompt on getting here and found the plug that was causing the short. He is very professional and clearly knowledgable in his trade. I have referred this company to many other friends, he just recently wired up our friends new jacuzzi and installed new lights into all their bedrooms. They were too happy.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/28/2013

Home rewiring and remodeling, Wiring for additions

Appliance repair