High Country Construction

N/A45 REVIEWS

Founded 2008 • Angie's List since January 2012

3199 Plumbers Ln Ste # 21

Chico, CA 95973

( High Country Construction ) Offers Free Estimates, Quality Work At An Honest Price, Professional Employee's, We Are An EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm Also Accredited Business With The Better Business Bureau. We Treat Every Project As If It Will Be Our Next Referral....

General Remodeling (35)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (10)Drywall (7)Roofing (7)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (7)Windows (7)Doors (7)Electrical (6)Plumbing (4)Lighting (4)Decks and Porches (4)Fencing (3)

10/02/2015

Loren is a standup family man that takes his business, your project, and your satisfaction seriously.  He is Responsive, Responsible, Timely and On Budget.  The results are Beautiful.   A tenant had complained  to me about  something within a year of the completion.  I asked Loren to call her and check on it.  She did not  return his call or say anything about it again, but when I was showing it t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
After a studio was gutted to the studs, Complete remodel/restoration.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2013

03/04/2015

The screened porch involved removing existing stucco, installing siding for new interior and exterior walls, knotty pine T&G ceiling, ceiling fan, outlets, switches, outdoor light, skylight and pet door. Loren (the contractor) was very helpful in making suggestions for design and used first-class materials. His workmen did a superior job; even the building inspector was impressed! The porch came o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Built a 142 s.f. screened porch, and re-roofed entire house (approx. 2,000 s.f.), including removal and haul away of cedar shake shingles, and installation of Owens-Corning 30-year composition shingles over a vapor barrier.

CATEGORY decks, electrician, lighting, remodeling, roofing, skylights, ceiling fans, sunrooms

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/23/2015

Thank you for your review on our work, please contact us on any future projects you may have Melody Los

01/14/2015

From initial contact to completed service, Loren and Anthony were prompt, courteous, and thoughtful. Loren met with me within hours of contacting him. I showed him the drywall repairs I needed (and there were several). He took notes and asked questions. I received an organized and very reasonable bid from by that evening. That alone was excellent follow-through. The work was promptly scheduled. He...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired multiple cracked areas of drywall in garage , set ceiling nails deeper into framing (popping) in garage and living room, and textured all.

CATEGORY drywall, remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/12/2015

Thanks for the review [member name removed], It was a pleasure working with you.

07/01/2014

loren and crew at high country construction ...thankyou...they did a great job on our living room taking out and replacing with new sheetrock.adding arch ways in kitchen and hall way also wiring for ceiling fan.remodel bathroom with tile on floor and shower replacing old tub with new jacuzzi tub. new toilet and sink.new wiring for tub jets and heater..nice nice nice.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
remodel living room and bathroom

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2014

We appreciate your business, Glad to be of help on your project. Thanks, High Country Construction

05/21/2014

They did excellent work. I just bought a house and it needed some work done and they did it beautifully. Altogether they did about $3000 worth of work. The supervisor showed up with the workers and made sure they did a good job. They're very prompt in response, they're efficient and they do excellent work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used High Country Construction for carpentry, woodworking and roofing repair jobs. They came out in October to do the work. They repaired my roof and they installed new gutters.

CATEGORY roofing, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/16/2013

Thank you for your review of Our Company's work. Keep us in mind for your future projects. Thank You,

05/19/2014

The service worked out great. They performed what was required, and they performed it in a timely manner mostly. The experience was mostly good, but the main concern was that they guys they had do the texturing and the painting, and finish work on the sheet rock did a crummy job. He had to come back and redo it. Somehow they decided to keep the rug in place, and when they pulled up the rug, they d...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used High Country Construction. They completely rehabilitated our condominium. We spoke to them last week on putting some finishing touches.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/05/2014

Thank you for your review of Our Company's work. With regards to the drywall sub contractor we used on your job, we will no be using them again. Thank You,

04/14/2014

Loren did exactly what he said he'd do for the quoted price. There were a few things that were uncovered after work had begun, he quoted prices on the additional repair and completed them as agreed upon. The work was completed in a timely manner. The house was neat and tidy when he left. He was very professional in our dealings with him; I would not be hesitant to recommend him. Bill Bassett

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Much rehab work on a rental property

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/11/2014

03/29/2014

Loren was thorough, prompt (work was completed EXACTLY when he promised it--highly unusual for a contractor.) His crew were polite, hard-working, and even made some last-minute changes on the spot at my request. I would recommend them to anyone! I chose them based on customer reviews on Angie's list. I'm very happy!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They replaced a portion of a large backyard fence, put railings on the porch, had doors made (by a subcontractor) for a china cabinet.

CATEGORY fencing, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/10/2012

03/27/2014

I plan on using his company for all my future projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I find that Loren is knowledgeable, actually listens to customer,does great work.

CATEGORY home builders

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/04/2014

03/21/2014

Outstanding. Loren had the knowledge & experience to know what needed to be done. His price was good, his crew was punctual, polite, and efficient. They did an excellent job. Loren is a solid "10". I would not hesitate to recommend to friends.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
dig footings 6 ft on center, pour concrete for pier blocks & install 4 x 6 girder for length 50 ft under house  to support floors

COST $8,406.5

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/21/2014

Large To Small Projects from New Construction, Additions, Kitchen And Bathroom Remodels, Sheds, Windows, Doors, Siding, Decks, Fences, Concrete, Painting, Roofing, Structural And Cosmetic Dry Rot Repair.

Give Us A Call If Your Project Does Not Fit Into One Of The Categories listed Above And We Can Let You Know If We Are Able To Give You A Hand With It Or Put You In Touch With Some One Who Can.

Check, PayPal