Mike Guttman Design & Construction

Founded 1983 • Angie's List since February 2008

07:00 - 15:00

109 N Screenland Dr Unit B

Burbank, CA, 91505

Allow Mike Guttman, with 30 years of experience in outdoor design and construction to integrate masonry and landscape and transform your outside living space into a beautiful place to come home to. Mike's designs have been featured on HGTV , is affordable and he has serviced the L.A. area from Los Feliz to Malibu including the Hollywood elite. Mike will meet with you personally for a consultation to artfully and masterfully integrate masonry with landscape design. His customer service and attention to detail has been awarded multiple Super Service Awards from Angie's List. Mike will personally spend time visiting with you to design the perfect outdoor space for your home. Spend time with Mike and see the difference. ....

Pavers and Hardscaping (67)Masonry (31)Landscaping (30)Concrete Pouring and Repair (24)Concrete Driveways (22)Lawn Irrigation (20)Lawn and Yard Work (10)Drain Pipe Installation (8)Stone and Gravel (7)Fencing (7)Stucco (6)Wrought Iron (3)

10/25/2019

We used Mike Guttman landscaping for both our last property as well as our current one. We were so satisfied with the work he did previously, when we purchased our new home we knew just who to call! Both times he and his crew overtook total backyard guy renovations from the 70’s and turned them in to a gorgeous, usable and beautiful space. His prices are fair and his work is honest. I can speak fr...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Backyard and front landscaping

CATEGORY hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/24/2019

10/15/2019

We have an investment property that needed some hardscape repairs to make it safe for our tenants. Mike was fabulous. He came when he said he would, gave a fair estimate, stuck to the estimate, had fantastic guys who were quick, clean and friendly and we were pleased with the final result. He even talked me out of some repairs I thought were necessary but that he said wouldn't be worth the money, ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace cracked sections of driveway and front path, building concrete steps from side doors to patio, constructing new fence between neighbors.

CATEGORY concrete repair, concrete driveway, fencing, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/21/2019

10/15/2019

I previously had hired Mike for a smaller job at an investment property in January 2019. I like him so much, I asked him to do the entire hardscape/landscape for my newly remodeled home. The hitch: I was still working with a GC for the interior of the home, and had essentiallly "fired" the GC for the yard, so I was worried there might be hard feelings. Mike was confident he could do the work and b...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Entire yard re-hardscape (including grading) and landscape, new driveway, new stucco wall between driveway and yard, new concrete patio, installation of drainage, new fencing, turf installation

CATEGORY concrete repair, concrete driveway, fencing, landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems, drain pipe, stucco, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/25/2019

10/14/2019

I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete landscaping, hardscaping and some masonry. Great work. Wonderful design and installations skills

CATEGORY concrete repair, concrete driveway, landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, stucco, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/14/2019

06/13/2019

It went well, the work was professional and to code. My only objection is Mike was always more interested in getting on to his next job than listening to what I wanted or answering my questions. Kind of the "don't worry little lady, it'll be real nice" kind of attitude. I spent 35 years in design and construction for the movies and thought that kind of disrespect was long gone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete block wall

CATEGORY masonry, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/17/2019

10/31/2018

Mike delivered on every word. We discussed a design and he came back with a fair bid. I did obtain 3 other bids and was blown away by how much more the other bids were for the same work. His crew did a wonderful job and cleaned up afterwards - no mess left behind! Really appreciate the quality work they provided. Very happy with the results, and would highly recommend him to family and friends.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete poured in front and back of studio, with slab design, and rocks placed in between.

CATEGORY concrete repair, concrete driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/23/2018

10/08/2018

I highly recommend Mike and his team. I hired Mike to do landscaping and hardscaping for a backyard remodel while I was also doing some other work with another contractor. Mike and his team showed up everyday and the work they performed was exactly how we designed my backyard. I was having difficulties with my other contractor that was delaying the hardscape and landscaping work Mike and his team ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping and Hardscape

CATEGORY concrete repair, concrete driveway, landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, tree service, drain pipe, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2017

09/09/2018

I had an EXCELLENT experience working with Mike Guttman and his crew on remodeling our back yard. I got quotes from Mike + 3 others before starting our project. Some of the others missed and/or were super late for their appointments and took forever to even give quotes. Mike was an excellent communicator from the start; had great, cost saving ideas on how to remodel our back yard; and gave a very ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Renovation of back yard and front yard

CATEGORY concrete repair, landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/09/2018

08/13/2018

Mike and his crew are fantastic. Completed the job quickly and professionally. All my questions and concerns were met. Would definitely hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Exterior masonry and landscaping

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, pavers, gravel, stucco, hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/13/2018

06/16/2016

From beginning to end Mike and his team were responsive and professional. We desperately needed some assistance with our front yard which was essentially just a dirt patch. Mike came out and walked through some ideas with us. He provided us some suggestions, some of which were cost savings and some which added to cost. We took some, but not all, of Mike's suggestions and even when he disagreed he ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Landscaping and excavation advice. Dirt removal, grading, cement, pavers, rock and gravel, artificial turf, planting bed, cut a drainage trench.

CATEGORY landscaper, hardscaping