Mike Guttman Design & Construction

• Trade License Expiration
  • 04/16/2019

109 N Screenland Dr Unit B

Burbank, CA 91505

Allow Mike Guttman, with 30 years of experience in outdoor design and construction to integrate masonry and landscape and transform your outside living space into a beautiful place to come home to. Mike's designs have been featured on HGTV , is affordable and he has serviced the L.A. area from Los Feliz to Malibu including the Hollywood elite. Mike will meet with you personally for a consultation to artfully and masterfully integrate masonry with landscape design. His customer service and attention to detail has been awarded multiple Super Service Awards from Angie's List. Mike will personally spend time visiting with you to design the perfect outdoor space for your home. Spend time with Mike and see the difference. ....

lawn care (12)stone & gravel (8)siding companies (1)hardscaping (69)masonry (33)lawn & landscaping (32)concrete repair (27)concrete driveways (24)irrigation system (22)drain pipe installation (10)fence company (8)stucco (7)

12/28/2020

Mike is hands down the best contractor we have ever hired. The previous owners of our house had done some beautiful and expensive hardscaping and landscaping probably 40 years ago, but it was all badly in need of renovation when we bought the house a few years ago. We wanted to restore it all and make a few improvements rather than start over, and Mike was fully on board with that approach from th...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dug up large asphalt driveway and poured new concrete with drainage, built new stucco pony wall between driveway area and front yard, repair existing rock walls, covered old concrete walkways with blue stone, poured new concrete steps to side door and backyard, demolished warped decking in backyard and poured new concrete with drainage, installed new redwood fencing in one half of backyard and repaired existing fencing in other half, pruned all trees on property and dug out old stumps, addressed erosion issue on sloped section of yard using rocks and pebbles.

CATEGORY concrete repair,concrete driveways,fencing,masonry,pavers, gravel,tree service,drain pipe,stucco,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/27/2020

08/18/2020

I contacted Mike via Angie's List to get a quote. He happened to be working on a large job in my area so he was able to come by the next day. After quoting me a very reasonable price, he started work almost immediately and finished within 2 days. Mike was communicative, fair and did exactly what we agreed upon. We would definitely use him again for yard/masonry work!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Demolition on a large brick planter and replaced with brick to match the patio. Concrete cap on another planter. Replacing bad/old bricks, Turf in front yard.

CATEGORY concrete repair,lawn service,masonry

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2020

07/08/2020

I had ANOTHER excellent experience working with Mike Guttman and his team! I had hired him in 2018 to do a major back yard renovation, and was very happy with the result. Of note, he was always responsive and happy to answer questions if I had any, even well after the project was completed. I contacted him again when we wanted to turf our front yard. I got a quote from the company that supplied tu...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installing turf in front yard

CATEGORY landscaping,irrigation systems

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/30/2020

Photo for Mike Guttman Design & Construction - 109 N Screenland Dr, Burbank, CA - 38704411

03/20/2020

Mike really understood our backyard space and ultimately made it what we wanted it to be. He and his team are a pleasure to work with and they maintain a refreshing creative flexibility throughout the process. Mike considered all of the critical details required to best complete the space, and ultimately his team delivered above and beyond our expectations for a totally fair price. Moreover, betwe...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Backyard and patio remodel

CATEGORY concrete repair,concrete driveways,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,tree service,drain pipe,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/11/2020

10/25/2019

We used Mike Guttman landscaping for both our last property as well as our current one. We were so satisfied with the work he did previously, when we purchased our new home we knew just who to call! Both times he and his crew overtook total backyard guy renovations from the 70’s and turned them in to a gorgeous, usable and beautiful space. His prices are fair and his work is honest. I can speak fr...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Backyard and front landscaping

CATEGORY hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/24/2019

10/15/2019

We have an investment property that needed some hardscape repairs to make it safe for our tenants. Mike was fabulous. He came when he said he would, gave a fair estimate, stuck to the estimate, had fantastic guys who were quick, clean and friendly and we were pleased with the final result. He even talked me out of some repairs I thought were necessary but that he said wouldn't be worth the money, ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace cracked sections of driveway and front path, building concrete steps from side doors to patio, constructing new fence between neighbors.

CATEGORY concrete repair,concrete driveways,fencing,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/21/2019

10/15/2019

I previously had hired Mike for a smaller job at an investment property in January 2019. I like him so much, I asked him to do the entire hardscape/landscape for my newly remodeled home. The hitch: I was still working with a GC for the interior of the home, and had essentiallly "fired" the GC for the yard, so I was worried there might be hard feelings. Mike was confident he could do the work and b...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Entire yard re-hardscape (including grading) and landscape, new driveway, new stucco wall between driveway and yard, new concrete patio, installation of drainage, new fencing, turf installation

CATEGORY concrete repair,concrete driveways,fencing,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,drain pipe,stucco,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/25/2019

Photo for Mike Guttman Design & Construction - 109 N Screenland Dr, Burbank, CA - 38172739

10/14/2019

I would hire them again in a heartbeat.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Complete landscaping, hardscaping and some masonry. Great work. Wonderful design and installations skills

CATEGORY concrete repair,concrete driveways,landscaping,lawn service,irrigation systems,masonry,pavers, gravel,tree service,drain pipe,stucco,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/14/2019

06/13/2019

It went well, the work was professional and to code. My only objection is Mike was always more interested in getting on to his next job than listening to what I wanted or answering my questions. Kind of the "don't worry little lady, it'll be real nice" kind of attitude. I spent 35 years in design and construction for the movies and thought that kind of disrespect was long gone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete block wall

CATEGORY masonry,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/17/2019

10/31/2018

Mike delivered on every word. We discussed a design and he came back with a fair bid. I did obtain 3 other bids and was blown away by how much more the other bids were for the same work. His crew did a wonderful job and cleaned up afterwards - no mess left behind! Really appreciate the quality work they provided. Very happy with the results, and would highly recommend him to family and friends.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete poured in front and back of studio, with slab design, and rocks placed in between.

CATEGORY concrete repair,concrete driveways

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/23/2018

Photo for Mike Guttman Design & Construction - 109 N Screenland Dr, Burbank, CA - 37520228

Landscape, masonry work, irrigation, grading, design work, all forms of concrete, stone & rock work. walls, etc.

Paving stones, wrought iron, and maintenance,

Check, PayPal