Sears

Angie's List since May 2005

B Rated | 10 Reviews

Easy Bathroom Remodel

We believe if we treat people with honesty and integrity, relationships with customers will follow. Our culture of transparency and forthrightness is central to who our company is and what to expect from our team. The company's culture is not just something that we say online. We have a process and mission statement for keeping the culture in place. It’s a living, breathing philosophy based on timeless principles. No one is perfect although we strive for perfect, and if we ever make a mistake we will own it and take responsibility for it.

05/16/2017

CATEGORY appliance repair

03/23/2016

CATEGORY auto repair

10/30/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refrigerator purchase

CATEGORY appliance sales

08/26/2015

I went through Sears so I didn't have to go through contractor hell. I had insulation blown in and when they did the insulation they jarred my air conditioning unit and now they won't man up and fix it. Now I have serious water damage in my pantry. Oh, we'll send somebody out in 48 to 72 hours. They sent somebody out but it was the same two guys that caused the damage in the first place. It was qu...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a new roof put on the last couple of weeks and I went through Sears.

CATEGORY insulation,roofing

09/04/2012

Ordered a water heater. Was delivered and installed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Water Heater. Promised same day service if ordered by 10:00 AM. Attempted to place order online at 7:30 AM. Could not. Contacted Sears via toll-free line. Requested the basic 50 gal. Model. Told Sears could not sell that model. Lie. (Installer later said he often installed this model.) Must upgrade to inteermediate model (extra $200+). Rep goes offline to complete order and arrange for delivery. Rep says, so sorry but they have no intermediate models in stock in my area...but if I upgrade to their highest grade water heater, I could have it that day. So I agreed. Then we were to wait for a call. Finally at 2:00 PM, called Sears again. Told I had not ordered early enough. Lie. Then told Sears had not transmitted order on time. Then told delivery would be the next day. Lie. Long story short, took them 4 days to deliver. AND I was up sold twice... Installer confirmed them had basic and inter models in stock. AND I had to decline extended warranty plan 3 times (the first time the rep had 'automatically' added it to my order!) Called Sears customer service. No satisfaction, really. Increased cost! 4 days off work waiting for the thing. Would not have been so bad but b/c w/h broke, and had to turn water off at street, we had no water in the house! Refrigerator just went out. Guess what store we did not go to!

CATEGORY appliance sales

Appliances, electronics, fine jewelry, cosmetics, home fashions, home decor, home improvement, tire & auto center & licensed business.