Ponderosa Tree Service

A 85 Reviews

Founded 1971 • Angie's List since March 2006

PO BOX 11277

Berkeley, CA 94712

Ponderosa tree service provides a comprehensive range of tree care services for clients in Alameda and Contra Costa counties including trimming, safety pruning, view restoration, stump grinding, shaping, thinning and hazardous tree removal. Owner and certified arborist Michael Veneziano also offers consultations that include detailed inspections and reports. Mr. Veneziano is a veteran of the tree care industryhe received his arboriculture degree while studying at Merritt College in Oakland, has conducted arboricultural research for the University of California, Davis, and is a Berkeley Parks Commissioner. Hes also credited with developing improved techniques in tree growth and holds a patent for the Bio-Tie, a device created to strengthen and encourage strong root growth in newly planted trees. We implement a zero-impact policy that ensures our clients properties are treated with care. All of the companys employees are experienced professionals who undergo ongoing in-house training to stay updated on industry methods. Additional DBA - Ponderosa Tree Service, Inc....

tree service (85)

08/27/2018

Very well. They took the time to do a careful estimate and explain what they observed about our trees. They did a beautiful job trimming and removing the one tree. In a very dense garden, they worked hard to avoid damage to other plants and trees. They started promptly and got the work done within their estimated time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They pruned two medium sized pepper trees. Pruned a large Magnolia. Pruned two very large ceder trees adn removed a medium sized loquat tree.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/21/2018

02/21/2018

Ponderosa arborist have a keen eye for necessary pruning and beauty. they are wiling to take off what is necessary for safety issues (i.e., branches touching electrical wires and branches that keep getting hit by garbage trucks) while preserving the beauty, balance and symmetry of the tree. I highly recommend them

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Trimming Ornamental pear tree

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/21/2018

02/06/2018

Craig came out and examined the tree and talked to me about what could be done to try and save it, and to stabilize it in its new position to allow it to recover. He answered all my questions, and told me I could do the job myself, since the tree wasn’t too big. He walked me through the right way to take off the limbs that needed to go, and how to use a ratcheted band to hold the trunk steady to a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The root system of our favorite orange tree was badly damaged by work to replace our sewer lateral. A month after the work was done, the tree began slowly falling over, away from the side which had the root damage. We didn’t know whether the tree was salvageable.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/06/2018

11/07/2017

Ponderosa Tree Service took about three weeks to arrive to give me a quote. Even though they advertised to do work in Alameda County, they told me that Fremont was at such a distance, that they would have to add a travel charge. They would not be able to do the work for two months. When I got the quote it was about 2.5 times the amount that a local tree service charged me for the work that they es...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Trim a large Pepper tree with failed limbs Trim a neighbor’s tree back to the fence line and out of phone lines Dig up three rose tree roots Trim back small trees next to the house

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/02/2017

09/11/2017

They did a good job. They did not remove the stump, it was not in the estimate and i did not notice until later.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used Ponderosa Tree Service to remove a sick tree.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2017

09/11/2017

I loved Ponderosa and would definitely hire them again if we aren't in a rush. My only complaint is that we had to book our service over 2 months in advance, and then our service was rescheduled & pushed back 2 times.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Tree trimming for insurance compliance

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/28/2017

07/29/2017

The gentleman was prompt, on time, very professional. The quote was in reason and I look forward to using them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They gave me a quote for tree service.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/29/2017

06/15/2017

They were on time worked hard and carefully. Cleaned up well afterwards and were very polite curtious and helpful. They did what ever was needed to get the job done in one day. The estimate said it would probably be a two day job. This was a good and experienced crew, it was fun to watch them work together. I would definitely hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had four 50 to 80 foot redwood trees removed near our building sidewalks and foundations. This was a large job that took all day to accomplish. They returned the next day to grind the stumps.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/24/2017

05/08/2017

They were generous and helpful. I think I could have gotten a better price, but not better service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They trimmed a monster of a cypress for me, cleaned up my lemon and my orange tree and pulled a couple of large and prolific shrubs. They removed all debris.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/10/2017

02/14/2017

It was excellent. The price was competitive. I checked other places. They came on time. They did the work that we requested. They even said that the one bush that we decided to change our mind to get more cut off and we had to call them back and they did that for free. It took them the work in a couple of hours. The workers are very professional and very polite.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They had to come out to trim the trees in the front yard for us.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/14/2016

Large tree removals in delicate surroundings, view restoration, pruning & thinning, surgery & cabling, stump grinding, planting, comprehensive tree health care & maintenance.

Check, Visa, MasterCard