FREELITE INC

A71 REVIEWS

Founded 1977 • Angie's List since October 2004

331 W McDowell Rd

Phoenix, AZ 85003

Freelite Inc - Address: 331 W McDowell Rd Phoenix, AZ 85003 Tel#(602) 233-1981 Freelite Inc with a showroom in Phoenix, AZ is the best place for all of your replacement windows, entry doors, interior, doors, patio door, and skylights needs. We carry top brands such as Milgard windows, Pella windows, Therma-Tru doors, and Velux skylights. Freelite Inc has been in business since 1977 and we have won multiple awards such as BBB A+ Rating, Angie's List Super Service Awards, and 97% satisfaction rate on Guild Quality....

Windows (55)Doors (17)Skylights (17)Stucco (2)Exterior Painting (1)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (1)Carpet Cleaning (1)Interior Painting (1)Egress Windows (1)

05/29/2018

EXCELLENT. This is a company that does excellent work and really cares about customers. I've always been pleased with the work that was done and there have been no leaks or problems the entire time. I asked the owner Chip if he would check them out when I was out of town recently, because something set off my security alarm when I was gone and I recalled seeing something on the skylight right befo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed skylights 9 years ago (reasonable price) and checked them recently (no cost).

CATEGORY replacement windows, skylights

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/24/2018

09/10/2017

Overall I am happy with my purchase and my experience with Freelite. My only critical feedback is that there were a few issues with three of the windows. One slider was missing a screen, one of the casements was stuck and wouldn't operate and another casement was scraped up on the bottom edge, showing a lot of white color rather than the durable long lasting espresso finish! This was very disappoi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had all the windows replaced in my house, 9 windows total. It is a 1955 slump block ranch, so not very architecturally distinctive but I did want to keep the look of the casement windows. The salesman Josh came to my house when I was first pricing them in 2014 and again this year (2017). I had Josh cost out a number of options in an effort to meet my budget and he was very responsive in running through several scenarios. I should have pulled the trigger on this purchase in 2014 because window prices have increased about 20 - 30% since the original quotes I received. Not just from Freelite but other suppliers/installers as well. I selected the Milgard Ultra Series (fiberglass) because Josh said they hold their color and don't fade like vinyl windows. I get a lot of morning and afternoon sun. Rather than replace all the windows as casements I chose to install new casements in the front only and went with sliders on the side and back of the house. This saved me about $7,000. The total project cost (installed) was $10,580, which includes a 10% Angie's List discount that Freelite honored.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/17/2017

Photo for FREELITE INC - 331 W McDowell Rd, Phoenix, AZ - 36208474

02/10/2016

Great experience.  Fair estimate.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Provided an estimate.  Appreciated the professionalism and that I could visit their actual store location and see their floor display of windows, but did not go with them as our kitchen remodel contractor ended up doing the 3 windows we needed replacing.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/01/2014

02/08/2016

We decided to select another dealer and installation company who had an equally high rating, but had a lower price for a nearly identical product.  Everyone we spoke to and worked with at Freelite were exceptionally friendly and professional. We would have selected them if not for our tight budget.  Many of our neighbors used them and recommended Freelite, which is why we are disappointed our budg...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Window replacement quote.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/12/2016

11/30/2015

The doors are beautiful.  There were some cosmetic issues I noticed after they were installed and Angie made sure everything was completed to my satisfaction.  Doors are doors:  you can get them anywhere.  Good customer service is rare.  Freelite is an A+ example of how it should work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replaced exterior doors

CATEGORY replacement windows, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/30/2015

09/21/2015

They are excellent. They are a great company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We used Freelite, Inc. for front door replacement. We’ve used them for years for windows and doors.

CATEGORY doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2015

07/26/2015

There were a couple of delays beyond their control; otherwise, they provided a good product  as well as good workmanship during the installation

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We purchased  closet doors for 2 bedrooms  and a barn door--they also installed their products

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/17/2015

C

03/30/2015

I feel upset that they did not replace the whole skylight. The problem is not obviously resolved & it needs to be with my one year warranty. I don't think the tape around it is satisfactory. I have been told my skylight in the hallway needs replaced, but I'm scared to have them do anything about it with my experience with them so far.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a golf ball that went through my skylight & I had it replaced with a new one. This was in my master bathroom. Since then they have been out one time on 3/20/15 to take a look. It makes a popping noise all the time for no reason. It makes it difficult for me to sleep. I do have a one year warranty on it. When they came out this last time they just placed tape around it, but the problem is not resolved.

CATEGORY skylights

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/09/2014

[Member name removed] has old, self-flashing skylights installed on a tile roof. To avoid expensive roof work, we changed out the (broken) domes only. However, the design of her skylight frames has no gaskets -- the acrylic domes rub directly on the aluminum -- and, consequently, they make a popping sound when the acrylic expands and contracts due to a change in temperature. we have been out recen...

11/18/2014

What a pleasant experience we had dealing with Freelite for our new windows!  We got several estimates and Freelite was not the cheapest bid, but once we visited their showroom to get all our questions answered and to actually see the windows they suggested, we knew we were making the right choice in going with Freelite.  And once the install was completed we were even more certain we made the rig...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced all 19 windows in our home

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/17/2014

10/30/2014

The entire experience was very good from start to finsih.  The sales team, front office and install team all seemed to care about the order and handled the transaction very well.   The install team showed up on time, was very efficient and cleaned up the site when they were done.  I would definetly use FreeLite again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced all the windows in a townhouse.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/25/2014

WINDOWS, DOORS, ENTRY DOORS, FRENCH DOORS, SECURITY DOORS, SKYLIGHTS, SKYLIGHT REPAIRS/REPLACEMENTS, ATRIUM ENCLOSURES

REPLACEMENT OF GLASS ONLY, REPAIR OF PRODUCTS WE DID NOT INSTALL