FROME & COMPANY PLC

A39 REVIEWS

Founded 1985 • Angie's List since November 2009

840 E. McKellips Road Building 2, Suite 105

Mesa, AZ 85203

We are a firm of ten dedicated professionals with a deep appreciation of the trust and confidence our clients have placed with us. Our mission is to provide you with the best accounting, tax and advisory expertise for your unique individual and business needs, in a responsive, engaged and professional manner. Based on our 2010 - 2014 Client Survey Results: 99+% of clients would recommend our firm to family and friends. Our 2014 Net Promoter Score (NPS) is 93.4 ....

Accountants/Tax Consultants (39)

07/24/2017

Went great. David Frome was very helpful and well informed. I'll be using them going forward.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This was an initial consultation for accounting services for my new business.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/24/2017

Thanks [Member Name Removed] - we look forward to working with you. It is always important that we talk with a prospective client to make sure we have a good match on multiple levels - services we provide, services you need, fees, expectations, etc.

04/04/2017

She was just great. We are using her this year as well and I'm going to be dropping off all our information later this week.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They prepared our taxes.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/04/2016

C

01/10/2017

After using Frome for a couple of years, we discovered an error in which the returns reflected overseas holdings, which is absolutely inaccurate. When we pointed this error out to our preparer, we were told it was reported in the second year because it was copied from the first year. This completely eradicated any trust we had in the firm. There was never any documentation to create a belief in fo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Annual family tax returns (federal, AZ and CA), including family trust.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2017

Client is referring to the inclusion in their returns of a Foreign Tax Credit form. The form should not have been in the return, but it contained no current year information and had absolutely no bearing on the returns. This is not an error in the returns and does not reflect foreign holdings. Even though every return we prepare is heavily reviewed before it was issued, we simply missed that this ...

04/24/2016

I spent almost four hours with Dave between the end of November, 2015 and April 2016. Dave  turned what could have been a 60K tax burden (before he set up the property structures)  into an under 10K tax bill. Dave is level-headed, methodical, and detail-oriented. He actually reminded me of things I forgot that many tax preparers, who just take basic expenses, would overlook. If you have difficult ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dave took a mess off my plate from a 1031X Calif. real estate exchange where I reinvested in numerous properties, in numerous states, and had numerous business headaches. He set up the structure for all the properties and did a first analysis of what I might owe.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/09/2016

We appreciate [Member Name Removed]'s glowing review. Her situation was complex, but a fun challenge to our team. It is always personally rewarding to help a client reduce their tax burden and to provide clarity to their situation.

10/06/2015

I received a call from Dave a few days latter.  He concurred with my understanding of this issue.  This was a big relief for me, as I was concerned about owning significant taxes on the sale of the house. I told him I wanted to pay him a consultation fee but he said that wasn't necessary in this case and that he was glad to help. ,I want to publicly thank Dave for taking the time to research this ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I spoke to Dave Frome on the phone and mentioned I was considering using their firm to do our individual income taxes for 2015, as they are a little more complicated than in the past, having sold a home.  I told Dave I was concerned about the Adjusted Basis of my home as it relates to my late wife's recent passing.  I said I understood that upon the death of a spouse the Basis is adjusted such that it takes on the fair market value at the time of the death, plus of course any accrued basis increase due to improvements.  Dave said he would research this matter and get back to me.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2015

Thank you for this review [Member name removed] - I was happy to help. Dave Frome

11/24/2014

They took care of all my needs, and answered all my questions. They did a great job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used them for my CPA.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/24/2014

Thank you for this review [member name removed]. You had a challenging situation and we were happy to work through it for you.

11/17/2014

I like their service very much. It is easy to get an appointment with the accountant and they are reasonable. It has been a very good experience with both the main desk and the various people that work there. They are very helpful. They are well- educated and know their jobs very well. The company seemed to have been in business a long time. It is local in the sense that it is not a firm that is s...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I use them for tax preparation.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/10/2014

11/13/2014

They are outstanding. I have been very happy with their work and more impressed with their personal touch. I have been using them for about 6 months. I have worked with both Dave and Haley.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They do monthly accounting for me.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/13/2014

11/13/2014

I am very pleased with them. I have been using them for about 3 years now. The consultants have been excellent and knowledgeable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I use them for family tax preparation.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/17/2014

11/13/2014

It has new been great. We have no complaints at all. We have been using them for about 2 years now. David has been great. Their prices are affordable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We use them for accounting services for my business.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/13/2014

Business and individual tax return preparation, even for multiple past due returns. QuickBooks set up, training and consulting to maximize utilization of features. Start up consulting - choice of entity, bookkeeping requirements, general business practices. Year end tax planning.

Auditing, HOA tax returns