Merchants Transfer & Warehouse Co

Founded 1884 • Angie's List since September 2006

B Rated | 7 Reviews

DBA- RUSSELL YARBROUGH MOVING & STORAGE CO., INC & AMERICAN VAN & STORAGE ...

ALL THE RIGHT MOVES

We have been Family owned and operated since 1994. Thank you Little Rock for voting us #1 moving company in Sorie'e magazines Platinum Service Awards 2008-2013, 2016-2018 Arkansas Business 2013 Mover of the Year. Call us and you'll see we have All The Right Moves! Local & Long Distance Moving.

C

05/09/2011

They contracted with my moving company. They put together my bed without the wheels and scratched the wood floor. That was my main complaint and it took me quite a while to get the money to fix that. Their service wasn?t good and it was poor. I wouldn?t use their services in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used the services of Merchants Transfer & Warehouse probably in September for moving.

10/15/2010

Overall, went well. Did not provide brochures required by law until they were requested, but found them online anyway. A few small dings were caused, but nothing worthy of a claim. The driver said they underestimated the weight of the load by 25%, but the binding estimate did not allow them to charge more. That was a good deal for me, but it impacted the driver's commission. I tipped each worker a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interstate move from Arkansas to Missouri; 380 miles, 10,000 pounds.

D

12/12/2008

The first driver came in labeled and loaded two rooms, he sneered at the load from the get go; bigger than he thought? Older home? He found a wood roach in the detached garage and said we were infested he could not take us and unloaded the truck and left. This was in a Little Rock Arkansas older neighborhood where wood roaches are like lady bugs or grasshoppers; they are all over but not infesting...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have mixed feelings. The moving was a disaster but the company did come through for us. It is not over though. They do guarantee their estimate and they estimated way too low, so I got a good deal. And when things went bad they did come through but I did have to call and say hey this is a disaster, over and over again.

08/01/2008

They did damage a few minor things and the driver of the van liked to hear himself talk. I feel that added to the moving time both coming and going. The rest of the move went fine.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I hired this company to move about 14,000 pounds of household belongings 700 miles.

09/19/2006

We were just extremely pleased with Mayflower during our moving process. They made things so much easier for us. They were organized in the way that they packed our things, did things that we asked them to and they were just wonderful. We could not have been happier with them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mayflower moved us from Louisiana all the way to Little Rock, so that is quite a big move. They packed all of our belongings for us and then relocated them from Louisiana to Little Rock, AR for us.

CATEGORY moving companies

MOVING AND STORAGE. AUTHORIZED AGENT FOR UNITED VAN LINES. ALSO PROVIDES GO MINI`S PORTABLE STORAGE UNITS. PICK UP AND DROP OFF STORAGE UNITS.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover