Contractors say homeowners with this trait are the most satisfied with home improvement projects.
Find Top-Rated Wellington Gutter Cleaners
Angie's List helps you hire the best - and avoid the rest!
Gutter Cleaners to Avoid
Top Rated Gutter Cleaners
Prevent buyer's remorse with us
- Only 10% of Wellington Gutter Cleaners are reliable
- Tardiness is the #1 complaint against Wellington Gutter Cleaners
- Shop with us to ensure a fair price
- Our complaint resolution team will help if a project goes bad
Over 121 reviews for
Wellington Gutter Cleaners from people just like you.
Over 2 million people trust Angie's List.
- Your Membership Includes:
- Instant access to top rated businesses covering 700+ services
- Our Complaint Resolution Team to help when a project goes bad
- On-the-go access to our iPhone, Android, & iPad apps
Access to trusted reviews, the best Gutter Cleaners and exclusive discounts!
Real Member ReviewsMemberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
DealsAngie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
Instant Community AccessMembers can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
Complaint ResolutionIf a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Local Articles in Wellington
Save time and money now before the winter weather makes maintaining your home more troublesome (and expensive) later.
When tree leaves and temperatures begin falling, it's a sign winter is on its way. Use this fall maintenance checklist to protect your home from winter damage.
Gutter cleaning is a necessary part of home maintenance, but it can be dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. Consider the following safety tips before you clean your gutters.
Two notes #1 20 feet is going to cost you more per foot that 100 feet. #2 All prices are relative to Your market ie Omaha is less expensive than St Lious. Here expect to pay on the 100 foot job $5 to $6 per foot of gutter (5" aluminum) plus the $4 to $5 a foot for the downspouts and $15 to $20 for soffit and facsia covering ie vinyl soffit panels and painted or vinyl clad aluminum covering the fascia. In the trade a soffit & fascia job.
Jim Casper Gutter & Gutter Cover contractor in Iowa & Nebraska
ps see my website for blogs on gutters & covers
Old Waterproofing Contractor & Gutter Contractor
Not knowing what type of eaves (the lower edge of the roof) you had before the new soffits were intalled I have to guess what might have happened. If you had closed eves (no soffits, just rafter tails with blocking between) before as was done on some older homes it is possible they removed or drilled holes through to the attic. When this was done there should have been a baffle installed to direct the air flow up and over the insulation. This would only be possible for the soffit installer to do if the wood blocking was removed and not just had holes drilled in it. If the insulation contractor did not go all the way to the exterior wall that could very well be the cause or it he did not make sure the insulation was pushed down to make contact with the ceiling material. If the house was never cold before I would bet the problem is at the eaves. You should call the insulation company for an answer.
The ice build-up in the gutter should not, provided they are properly attached and solid, rip out the gutter.
When you get snow slides and large chunks of frozen precip that let go and slide down the roof with velocity, those are what tear off the gutters and create damage.
If you are concerned about the snow load, a snow rake and/or a proper roofer can remove some of the accumulated snow.
Some ice damming is unavoidable in the correct conditions but I would urge you to look into proper ventilation of the roof and air sealing and insulation. This will reduce your home's inclination to form these ice dams in the future.
Gutter Cleaning reviews in Wellington
Later that night, I happened to notice the following:
1. A vent was not screwed in tightly and was actually sticking out about 1/8" on left side in main bath.
2. One vent was missing a screw in our downstairs bathroom.
3. A strip of drywall (3" by 1/4") was damaged when they were taking off one of the vents in our kitchen -- I didn't initially see this because of the lighting in the area where the vent is located.
4. Then, the next day, I went downstairs to our unfinished basement to put a few things away and would up moving some tupperware. When I did, I saw the two access panels they removed from the ductwork laying on the floor exactly underneath where they were cut.
My issue was that they should have noticed these things and communicated them to me asap (or even at the very end) and disposed of the access panels (or at least told me where they thought they fell so I could move the boxes and dispose of them myself). I wouldn't have been upset if they had just told me and instead of hoping I wouldn't notice such details. Instead, nothing was said. I had to ask them about the condition of the vents (it's a fixer-upper and older home) and when we should have this done again. Usually, this stuff is communicated -- at least with another company I used in the past). I would definitely NOT use them again for the sloppy cleanup.
All Gutter Cleaners in Wellington, AL
Join Angie's List to get the best local reviews in Wellington.
- Instant access to reviews for 700+ services
- Exclusive service discounts - up to 70 percent off!
- Top-notch support from our live call center