Flippo Roofing And Repair

Angie's List since July 2011

C Rated | 2 Reviews

WeatherProof Inc Metal Roofing

Visit us at weatherproofroofs.com or Call Us at 334-678-7663. 40 year warranty and a Lifetime Warranty on Our craftsmanship. Call and say you found us on Angie's List for a 5% discount. Showroom located on 2975 Ross Clark Cir. Protect Your Roof with WeatherProof.

10/19/2017

Great. Lowest estimate and professional work

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Flat roof replacement

CATEGORY roofing

07/04/2011

See above. Don't  {In instances where possible do not pay contractor until it has rained and thereby testing the work done on the roof.}

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Initially, I was pleased w/ work/job done. Even gave Mr. Flippo a gratuity of  $55..00 for a total of $1300.00. However w/ each successive rain  I became increasingly disenchanted as I continued to experience leaking in my roof which caused deterioration in my kitchen ceiling and walls where the leak persisted. The work was initially performed on 3/20/09.  Mr. Flippo initially responded to my calls advising him of my continued leakage, culminating in his returning on 4/17/09 and his stating to me that to stop the leak he would have to do substantial work on my roof  to get the leak stopped. Being desperate I told him to go ahead. Upon completion of this portion of the job Mr. Flippo stuck out his hand and told me that would be an additional amt. of $435.00. Although I did have a written contact  w/ Mr flippo, since he had performed  additional  substantial work and I had the money, as well as parkinsons, which caused me to avoid confrontation whenever possible (I'm shaking now just recounting this saga), I paid Mr Flippo without even awaiting  the next rainfall. Subsequently  I continued to experience leakage in the same location, however Mr Flippo even ceased answering my calls. When I suspected he was using caller ID to screen my calls I resorted to using my wife's cell phone to call him, which got me thru to him, at which time he stated he would have some of his crew out to my house the following day. However when he failed to show I called Mr Flippo back and getting his voice mail again, I left a message in which I I appealed to his honor to please show and deal w/ my leak. Two workers showed later that  day w/ a bucket of roofing plastic and proceeded to slap some some of it in the vicinity of where my leak was occurring.  When I attempted to discuss  the matter of my persisting leakage w/ them I encountered the same problem w/ his crew as I had on previous occasions, that being a language impasse (I don't speak spanish). They only stated in broken english to call the next time it leaked again. It inevitably leaked again and with each successive rain I made  repeated attempts to contact Mr Flippo, however  all I ever got was his voice mail and no response. I recently was able to get another roofer out  to my residence who identified the problem and stated he could fix the problem. However, with our  areas recent tornado damage all of our contractors are presently extremely busy earning big FEMA bucks. (I've also had problems getting other roofers to respond due to their position that they won't follow another roofers problem.)

CATEGORY roofing