J & J Quality Remodeling

Founded 1985 • Angie's List since May 2010

Not Rated| 4 Reviews

Locally owned & operated....

Mr. Home Solution

07/16/2014

I was pretty satisfied. He accomplished what he said he was going to do. It is hard to get a hold of him sometimes.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I ended up using the services of J & J Quality Remodeling. They did roofing and some light repairs at my mother's house that we ended up selling last year. We are getting ready the house for selling and there were several painting, roofing and related items that needed to be done.

CATEGORY handyman service, roofing

12/05/2013

I have had a very good experience there. It's excellent work and good prices and they were reliable and I was very satisfied. I will probably use them again for some other kinds of things.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used J & J Quality Remodeling; they did two different bathrooms and then the game room.

CATEGORY remodeling, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

07/19/2013

James Jones and his remodeling crew spent a week at our house completing a long list of repairs we needed in preparation for selling our 1965 ranch-style home. The biggest job on the list involved ripping out old sheet vinyl flooring in the family room and kitchen and replacing it with new tile flooring. This was a truly difficult job, especially since we discovered multiple layers of flooring and...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed damaged vinyl and installed new tile flooring in three rooms, completed multiple kitchen and bathroom repairs, installed or moved new light fixtures in 5 rooms

CATEGORY handyman service

05/13/2010

Mr. Jones did very poor quality work in my home. He ran electrical and plumbing but did not use a licensed electrician or licensed plumber, never applied for the required permits, overloaded a circuit breaker, and the line running to that breaker has a bare splice sitting right on the floor joist. He then denied to the Better Business Bureau (in mediation) that he even did any electrical or plumbi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
In summary, he was hired to relocate a washer, dryer, hot water heater and sink, remove a door and place a window there, install the door in a different location, and remove a half wall to replace it with a full wall with a door, tile, and paint. When reading this report, please keep in mind that I, the homeowner, purchased all cased pre-hung doors, windows, tile, grout, thinset, junction boxes, insulation, kilz for the walls and the paint; the contractor provided the labor, the base trim, drywall, electrical wire, flexible plumbing lines, screws, and other incidentals, so the majority of his bill is labor.

CATEGORY handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, bathroom & kitchen remodeling

Residential and commercial home remodeling, updates, indoor and outdoor, kitchens, granite countertops, cabinets, bathrooms, flooring, laminate, hardwood, tile, siding, doors, windows and replacements, sheetrock, decks & patios.