Exterior Waterproofing

A 128 Reviews

Founded 2001 • Angie's List since January 2009

505 20th St N Suite 1150

Birmingham, AL 35203

Owner operated. Additional contact names - Debbie Triplett, Mark Pflaum. If you have water intrusion in your home, our experts will properly diagnose and remedy problem areas. We offer affordable solutions to your leaky wet basement or crawlspace. Why pay more for franchises and large ad campaigns. Our customers are important to us, which is why we offer a lifetime warranty on all of our services....

basement waterproofing (117)drain pipe installation (43)foundation repair (18)mold removal (17)well and water pump (17)water and smoke damage (3)interior painting (2)gutter installation (1)general contracting (1)

08/17/2018

I used Angie's list to get a second estimage on the cost to install a French draim. I spoke to Phillip and reviewed the drainage problem and explained that I was interested in a second quote. He asked a number of questions to help better understand my situation. He viewed the property on Google Maps and within five minutes he was able to provide an estimate. Although I am going to stay with my ori...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
French Drain Installation

CATEGORY basement waterproofing,drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/17/2018

This customer just needed to verify have her first quote was reasonable. I was happy to run it through a spreadsheet and let her know everything looked like it was in line. We are here to help anyway we can even if we don't do the work.

04/10/2018

Back Story: We purchased a house a bit over a year ago wherein our inspector failed to note the rough condition of our crawlspace. After much research, I decided upon Phillip Madden's Exterior Waterproofing. The project itself was completed last August; I wanted to put the project through the rainy season of Alabama to get an idea of how well it went before I posted my review. As my rating shows a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Trenching, dehumidifier, and moisture barrier

CATEGORY basement waterproofing,drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2017

03/20/2018

Phillip is professional and very knowledgeable on what specific waterproofing is required while not trying to pressure you into a more expensive project. He does a great job educating on how the water is coming into your crawlspace (or at least in my case it was a crawl space job), and he provides a set of solutions to help remedy the situation on a tier basis. Both he and the crew provide helpful...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
crawl space drainage system, sump pump installation

CATEGORY basement waterproofing,wells

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/20/2018

08/07/2017

Phillip and his crew arrived on time and installed a Gravity waterproofing system installed in one day! They were professional, courteous and even matched the price of another competitor. Would highly recommend this company to anyone who has a water issue in their home or business.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Water was leaking through cinder block walls in basement causing standing water and mold.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2015

THANK YOU ....THANK YOU ......We are also ways trying our best to satisfy our customers....Again I can't thank you enough for your kind review......If we can ever be of service in the future please just give us a call. Phillip

06/29/2017

Mr. Madden did a video recording inspection which was then sent to me for my records. It explained why I was seeing moisture, what the causes were and ideas for further treatment - which in my case was not necessary. I was so impressed with his ability to explain and offer recommendations without breaking the bank! I will definitely recommend to everyone!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a small moisture spot in my garage and needed it inspected for mildew/mold or other issues. Phillip Madden (president of company) came and did an inspection in the time frame I needed.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing,mold removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/29/2017

04/11/2017

I had no problems. They did the job as expected and on time, and also came back when I asked for a few minor changes. I was impressed by how quickly they worked and by the clean-up afterward. Would hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation of drain and waterproofing system to carry rain water from driveway to back yard

CATEGORY drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/06/2017

04/03/2017

Excellent service. Prompt, punctual and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Waterproofing and sump pump replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/03/2017

09/19/2016

Exterior Waterproofing, Philip Madden and his crew, are superb contractors. They are not cheap, but their price is fair and reasonable for the work they do and it is a pleasure working with them. They are one of the few contractors I've hired who have done the work on schedule, on time, at the highest quality and at the agreed upon cost. I heartily recommend them to anyone needing waterproofing wo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Exterior waterproof my finished basement living space.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing,drain pipe,mold removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2016

08/28/2016

Crew was very professional. Landing of basement steps had to be removed and replaced. Crew cleaned area of work. System has worked flawlessly.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
water leaking into full basement. Installed system to capture water and direct it to a sump so could be pumped out of the basement to low area in back yard.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2016

07/10/2016

Phillip Madden's lead man Mark and his crew installed downspout drains from my gutter downspouts using heavy 4 inch PVC pipe and ran these underground, some out to the front street gutter, and others back to a drainage ditch behind my property. They did a very neat job of laying back the sod and the soil onto black plastic, then putting the pipe in and replacing the soil and the sod such that you ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a problem with rain water coming from the gutter downspouts on my home and also from other homes uphill from me flooding my yard . This rain water had no place to go and had rotted the wooden fence around my back yard.I need a new fence, but could not get that until the water problem was solved.

CATEGORY drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/02/2016

Structural crack foundation repair, basement waterproofing, spot/crack leak repair, remodeling, after waterproofing correction, moisture control and mold remediation, french drains, surface & yard drainage correction, and masonry work

Ask for details.