Keir, Dr. Daniel M.

• Angie's List since June 2011

NA Rated | 2 Reviews

http://www.abgd.org/docs/verification.htm, https://aaeecom.aae.org/aaeeweb/FindENDO/Find_Endodontistabe.aspx, http://www.aboms.org/General_Information/general_information.htm#public, http://www.perio.org/amboard/search/index.html....

03/20/2012

He was good.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I visited Dr. Keir who is my dentist.

CATEGORY endodontics, oral surgeons, periodontics

06/25/2011

The appointment was easy to get.  The Endodontist was on time, listened to my concerns, was very knowledgeable and skilled. The procedure did not hurt. The price was right. I would definitely recommend him and would use him again if necessary.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was referred to Dr. Keir by the Interior Community Health Center Dental Clinic for his evaluation of a previous root canal on my bottom molar (#19), which had a broken crown.   The dentist at ICHC suspected infection under the broken crown, but could not clearly see the very bottom of the post in the tooth.  She recommended a second opinion and  I resisted -- until she explained that there was no pain associated with the infection, as the initial root canal procedure would have removed the nerve.   The tooth could be infected and me not even feel it.  She said that an Endodontist was needed to make the determination before the crown could be replaced. Dr. Keir was one of two Endodontists referred by ICHC and my telephone call to his office convinced me that he was the one to try.  His office staff was exceptionally knowledgeable and helped me to understand what the procedure was all about, and step by step what Dr. Keir would do.  She also quoted the cost of the evaluation, and what the root canal would cost if needed.  His prices were less than  i expected,  but  his availability and the willingness of his front office to accommodate my schedule were the deciding factors. Dr. Keir's office is very comfortable and his staff is reassuring and kind.  Dr. Keir was prompt, had a calm and gentle bedside manner and explained to me what he planned to do before each step of the procedure.  His assistant was also very knowledgeable and had a skilled touch as well.  They made x-rays, which were immediately available, and which showed that there was indeed infection at the bottom tip of the post.  The decision being made that it was necessary, the root canal begin.  Dr. Keir worked quickly and did not hurt me at all, not with the shots nor with the procedure.  At the end of the visit, he gave me some good general advice about my mouth and I left his office completely satisfied with the appointment.

CATEGORY endodontics