Overall, there was a disconnect between conversations with management and the work actually being done by employees. I was initially impressed by the person who came to do an estimate, the Directors of Operations. He was punctual, knowledgeable, and professional. We got about six estimates from various companies and Augusta Lawn and Turf was on the high end price-wise. Despite the price tag, we decided to go ahead with them. Work began sooner than expected and we eventually got a yard we are somewhat pleased with, but not without fighting for it. Three men came to do work on a Monday morning, expecting to finish by Wednesday afternoon. The project lasted until Friday late morning because of one issue after another. The first day, they cut a hole into our main water line, which was unexpected, but fixed within an hour or so. The foreman worked with a Bobcat all day, while the other two workers cut the soil with a large ground saw in the front yard for the irrigation system. I watched work from inside and occassionally went outside to ask questions. They took out tree roots and other debris from the back yard and then left for the day. On Tuesday, the sod was delivered but not the top soil. The Director of Operations came to see the sod and called about the soil, which was delivered within an hour or so and apparently had never been ordered. However, the truck that delivered the soil drove up the driveway and cracked it! I had had specific concerns about that when hiring the company and again mentioned those concerns as the trucks commenced up the driveway. I was assured it would be fine. Immediately after the delivery, I called the office and reported the cracked driveway, which they did fix later in the week. Throughout the day, grading commenced and the irrigation system was laid. However, at the end of the day, after the workers left, I saw the sprinkler heads were, in fact, not in the positions we discussed and the piping was exposed or near surface level in several areas of the yard. Furthermore, while they were cutting in the backyard, the phone line had gotten clipped, despite having been marked with spray paint. I had to call the phone company to get the repair made, which took several days to get completed. A major inconvenience that should have been avoided. On Wednesday, the workers began moving the sod to lay it. I addressed the foreman about the sprinkler heads, the grading needing more work, and two stumps that still needed to be removed. The back yard was to be taken down to bare soil, but still had weeds and grass in patches that couldn't be reached with a bobcat. The yard was to be graded so rain water wouldn't pool next to the house, but run away from the house and into a swell that drained out of the yard and down the driveway. I explained it over and over and continued to ask for more of a swell. I finally called the Director of Operations, who came and explained the work again to the workers. We talked about the issues and he assured me they would be taken care of. The stumps could not be taken out, I was told, and never could be. I am sure that I mentioned them when he originally came for an estimate (twice), as they were one of the biggest issues in the back yard. But, we clarified where sprinkler heads would be placed in the yard and the additional grading that needed to be done. Work commenced. However, by about noon, the foreman came to ask me if what they had done with the grading was what I'd expected. It was not. So, I went outside and picked up a shovel myself for about an hour. And when they left for lunch I continued work in an area that still was too high and that had been mentioned numerous times. That night, my husband spent an hour chopping out the stumps they could not seem to remove. On Thursday, the sod, now having sat in my driveway in 90 plus degree weather for two days, began to be installed. I was told the soil would be raked before the sod was laid. It had been raked the day before, but it had rained during the night. They did not re-rake before laying the sod. The sod was laid loosely and with gaps that I was told would iron out after being driven over by a roller. The foreman drove the roller over the yard in no particular pattern and missed entire sections of the yard. At the end of the day, the gaps and loose sod were still visible. Instead of moving the sprinkler heads as directed, additional sprinkler heads were simply placed to fill in the gaps in the watering pattern. So, we now have 11 sprinkler heads on one zone. Needless to say, the water pressure at the last head leaves much to be desired. Friday morning, the crew came to finish up and adjust the sprinkler heads. I was so relieved to see them leave and will certainly never hire again or recommend the company. I spent the week fighting for a job that I had had a clear understanding about. I watched the foreman talking on his cell phone and smoking more than it appeared he was working, and I ended up doing some of the work myself. However, since the work has been done, the sod had taken root nicely and the yard looks good. The sprinkler system works adequately, despite weak water pressure at the end and we've adjusted the heads to get the coverage we want. One final disappointment is the sod we were encouraged to select cannot be planted or repaired from seed - a huge drawback.