From the first day the job had issues. I will say the crew was nice, respectful and conscientious when on site. The work quality was the problem. When installing the skylights they cut two rafters and did no structural framing to reinforce the roof, the framing that they did do was uneven, had boards that didn't join at the corners and flashing that was exposed from below because the hole cut in the decking was larger than the skylight curb. This work was then presented as completed, water tight and ready for the drywall that we had committed to complete. I would blame it on inexperienced crew, but Shane- the owner was the one who did the work. We later found out they had not pulled a permit as required for this portion of the work which would have required a plan for how they would complete the carpentry. We consulted an architect and contractor that has done work for us and both confirmed that as the skylights were cut in and framed, that section of roof was inadequately supported, and that under a snow load the windows were at risk of breaking and collapsing into our third floor. Shane took responsibility for the poor job and proposed the solution that they would reduce the price by 1000.00 and we could fix it because they would have to hire a carpenter to correct the problem. We agreed to that proposal on the condition that the skylights would be relocated by them to fit the framing with new associated flashing and weather sealing and shingling at their cost. The next issue was the window wells that had to be redone after the first rain pooled on the flat roof surface and the water crept under the seams that didn't meet and were inadequately sealed. They did redo the wells very nicely after we sent them pictures of the pooling water, gaps in the seams and roofing material that didn't meet the drip edge thus leaving exposed wood. Next, they broke siding pieces all along the first floor roof line when installing the flashing. They said it broke because the wood was rotten. It's 100 year old cedar so it's possible it was weakened, but any cedar board will break if you try to pry it off with a crow bar rather than cutting the nails and easing it out. They did not repair those but left us new wood they had left over from a previous job to replace the broken boards ourselves with no price adjustment for the damage. In addition to the above there were other issues. We were disappointed with the look of the roof after they left. To a person, everyone that we have had look at the roof including several building professionals and the housing inspector remarked on the shoddy appearance of the "final" product. The shingles were not in a straight line along roof edges, the caulking around flashing was thick and clumpy, the drip edges had seams that didn't line up and they split a rafter end screwing in the gutters. Nails were protruding from the drip edge as well. These issues were all cosmetic and we accepted that they might not be resolved. The two issues that we knew did need attention were the nail that was driven through an electrical line in the attic which will require an electrician and one of the down spouts that is too short causing the draining water to overshoot the gutter and leaving water to pool on the ground at our foundation. We didn?t have a chance to tell them about these because of what happened towards the end. Throughout the process I asked about the city inspections and was told that they called the city for the mandatory inspection that is required by the permit and that the inspection passed. Saturday, the day after they said they were done, the roof started leaking in two places. We called them and they were unwilling to come out until Monday despite active leaking and continued rain projected for the entire weekend. When we spoke to the office manager about our concerns she told us "these things happen" , "it probably just needs some more sealant" and that they would make it right. At that point we became concerned with the mounting problems but Shane had been so reasonable at addressing our concerns we were confident that we would get a resolution. A call to the city Monday morning revealed that an inspector had never been onsite and there was no record of a call to request either of the two required inspections. Shane, the owner we had been working with from the bid through the whole project did not come out on Monday but sent his father. When his father came the inspector was on site and brought up his concerns which included roof work, the lack of inspections and failure to get a permit for the skylights. Mr. Karbella became irate. He started swearing, yelling, telling us that it was a big job and asking why were we constantly complaining. He continued swearing at my husband and myself in front of the building inspector and my 12 year old daughter. I walked away to call Shane who had always been reasonable. While I was leaving Shane a message, Mr. Karbella yelled to my husband "I'll knock your f***ing teeth out". My husband still stayed calm. Shane then called and also yelled and said that if we tried to pursue any refunds he would sue us and we would lose because he's been in business for 40 years. At that point they said they were going to put a lien on our house (even though we paid 9/10ths and were waiting on completion of skylights to make final payment this week). We did file a police report about the threat and the police did confirm with the city employee present that Mr. Karbella was verbally abusive and yelling while my husband stayed calm and did not return the abuse in any way. While speaking with the police, we received a text from Shane saying we were to no longer contact them and that they were placing a lien immediately and we would hear from their attorney. So now we are left with a leaking roof, misplaced and leaking skylights, the threat of a lien and the need for an attorney to get a roof that is structurally sound and does not leak.