William Lantz gave us an estimate of $6,700 which we thought was a good price and agreed to go ahead. We signed the proposal for that amount and gave the initial payment. As soon as the work started, things (and prices) changed. First, came the facia boards, and another $1500. They told me the crown molding had to come off, so facia boards would need to be replaced in those areas. The $1,500 was also to pay for a repair on a gas vent (written on proposal as well). Then, within the first couple days, another foreman, Doug gave us the news that things were worse under the cedar shakes than they thought, some rafter repair was needed, and we were going to need 3/4 inch plywood, not 3/8. After discussions with my brother, we agreed to go ahead. Doug told me that it would be $5,300 more, now bringing the total to $13,500. Of the $5,300 increase, I was told that $1,700 of it was the thicker and more expensive plywood. It's important to note here that you can break down the area of roof they were doing into 3 parts. On the first part, the thicker plywood was used. I noticed on the second part that the thinner plywood was being used, not 3/4. I brought this to William's attention, and he said that there was some other problem with the rafters and they were going to leave the cedar shakes on and use the 3/8. I told them I expected a credit for the cheaper plywood. They said I wouldn't get one because their extra work offset any credit. I still don't get this reasoning. They said it took extra time to make sure all nails were nailed in on the cedar shakes. That takes some time. But they didn't have to take the shakes off, haul them to the roll-off, pay for the extra weight in the roll-off, or deal with the extra work of thicker plywood. I believe we should have received a credit. As the job was being finished, I was asked for the final payment. I pointed out a facia board that was obviously not done. They did it. A couple days later, I had a painter out to give an estimate and he pointed out that the facia boards were not finished or done correctly. He pointed out places where there were gaps large enough for critters/birds to get it. These areas were on 3 sections of the roof where the crown molding had come off. I immediately called William Lantz, he met with me, and acknowledged that it wasn't right, and it would be done in a couple days. That was over 3 weeks ago. I have contacted William by phone and text to ask him when it will be done. He kept saying dates for a while, but finally last Tuesday (9/13) I told him that if it wasn't done the next day, I would contact Angie's List and Better Business Bureau. They'd also been using my power for almost 3 weeks for a job next door (they gave me $40 at the beginning), and I told them they could no longer use my power until this job was done, and there would be a charge from here on out. He promised me on 9/13 that it would be done the next morning - I have the text. Nothing is done yet. Also, in addition to the facia boards not being done, the gas vent they were going to repair is not repaired. Finally, my large push broom and rake have been missing since the roof job, and they were used by the workers. I've asked William Lantz to return them or replace them.