Recent Review: I had laminate flooring purchased from Flooring Solutions installed by Scranton Flooring, which to be installed in my new home. What they sold me was defective flooring which was never properly installed and sealed, which resulted in off-gassing of formaldehyde, ultimately causing me to suffer respiratory failure and sepsis, necessitating admission to Faith Regional Hospital in March of 2014, where I spent two months in ICU and 18 days on life support. Over a period of four months I suffered repeated incidents of respiratory issues and sepsis and was hospitalized an additional four times. I have pictures and samples of the defective flooring and installation to document my claims. I have made numerous attempts to arrange with the contractor and flooring company to fix the problems. To date, they refuse to address my concerns and have simply stonewalled me for the past several years. After doing some online research, I discovered that the brand of flooring supplied to Scranton by National Flooring to my contractor is known to have a manufacturing defect that causes the release of formaldehyde gas. I had a certified environmental quality inspector take measurements of air in my house, and their report came back with a formaldehyde level of .17 ppm, in excess of .020. which is the WHO standard, which was an excessive level known to cause the types of symptoms I exhibited. I incurred a total of $50,000 in expenses to have the flooring replaced. Once the flooring was removed, I was able to move back into my house and have lived there since July 3 of 2015 with no subsequent respiratory issues related to formaldehyde poisoning. Once the flooring was replaced, I was able to move back into the house in July of 2015 and have had no ill effects since that time. Dex Scranton has promised to reimburse me my $24,000 in expenses to replace the flooring but have never paid and refuse to communicate with me. For over a year, I repeatedly requested invoices for all supplies and work done on the flooring and have never received them. I am a 64-year-old 100% service-connected disabled Viet Nam Era veteran with an incurable brain disease and have been financially and medically damaged by their negligence.