This is a very long story but I will try to simplify. We first hired this company in December to do our bathroom remodel. We gave them half the money up front. In February, after about 6 weeks with them doing nothing, we tried to fire them and get our money back. They refused to refund us our money and told us we would have to sue them. For fear of losing our money, instead, we asked them if they would roll it into a siding project instead (this seemed to be more their area of expertise) The company agreed to credit our money toward siding instead, canceling the bathroom project. The agreement for the siding was 1/2 up front, another 1/4 upon delivery of materials and the final 1/4 upon satisfaction at the end. The first crew who showed up to remove the old siding told us they weren't paid. They waited at our house until about 9pm and finally gave up. (I did find out they eventually got paid) The second crew did a good job.. they were here for several weeks, and were here every day that weather wasn't bad. While things were going well, we signed on to do the roof too. Our insurance gave us $1860.00 for the roof which we gave over to Carolina Home Construction. Two days later, the owner was back and wanted us to give him an advance on the final 1/4 amount, leaving us owing only $500 at the end. When we told him no, he bullied us and threatened to put a lien on our house. We finally gave in.. but this act of extortion made us decide to fire him from the roof project and ask for our insurance money back. (no work had been done or materials ordered for the roof at the time we fired him) The siding and painting was finished though they left our gutters laying on the ground, cables and shutters detached from the house and debris left in our driveway and nails in our yard. The painting crew showed up to our house telling us they didn't get paid. At the time of this report, it has been over 6 weeks and we have not received a refund for our insurance money for the roof. They actually sent us a bill for the $500 remaining on the siding, but since they left at least $500 of work and cleanup expense behind, plus the $1860.00 insurance they owe us, we can't really justify paying it. We have given them a fair amount of time to make things right before making this report, but it's time we warn others about our experience. This contractor is also not licensed (which we found out later) By posting this report, we hope someone else won't make the same mistake we did.