We learned about Seal Smart at the St Louis Boat show where they had a booth. It seemed like a good idea, they had an evnironmentally friendly stripper that would remove stain with minimal power washing and their sealant product would provide years of protection with the ability to stain over their sealant. A salesperson arrived at our house and described the process in detail and tried a small amount of their stripper in an inconspicuous area of our deck and indicated there would be no issue in removing the stain. We agreed to have the work performed and signed a contract providing 1/2 of the payment in advance ($1,034.00). On 04/22/2013 a Seal Smart crew arrived at my house, indicating they would be done in about 4-hours as my deck is relatively small (12' x 12'). They did a nice job of masking everything off and started work. After about 8 hours of work they were barely 1/2 done and caused significant damage to the cedar decking material due to heavy power washing to remove the existing stain. They indicated their stripper was not working as planned so they just power washed the stain off, which removed a significant amount of material. The crew indicated they need to come back the next day to finish removing the stain and repair what damage they had done with the power washer. The crew washed the debris off the concrete patio, but left lots of debris in the yard and flower beds, and did not remove any of the masking tape and plastic they had put up. This is understandable, if they were to return the next day. After 3-days I contacted Seal Smart to find out what the issue was. They did not return my calls. I went ahead and removed the masking tape and plastic from the windows, which proved difficult as it has been there for several days. On 05/08/2013 we had a private construction contractor inspect the damage done by the first seal smart crew. The contractor indicated the damage done to the rails, spindles, posts, and stairs could not be repaired by sanding as a significant amount of wood had been power washed away. And to get everything to match it would all need to be replaced. After numerous calls to Seal Smart and eventually threatening legal action they eventually returned my call and sent their operations manager to my house along with a crew to inspect the deck and complete the job on 05/09/2013. The operatons manager tried their stripper on a small un-touched area of my deck and I showed him the product we used. He indicated their stripper would not remove the acrylic latex stain that had been applied to my deck ~5 years prior. I discussed with Seal Smart the results of my contractors inspection. Seal Smart indicated they would refund my inital deposit, but wanted to send thier own contractors to assess the damage as he did not see the need to replace all the posts, rails, spindles, and stairs, but did agree what would be replaced would not match the original material. On 05/22/2013 we forwarded the formal repair bid from our private contractor to Seal Smart to remove all posts, railiings, and stairs on the existing deck and replace with new material for $4,656.00. Seal Smart responded on 05/24/2013 indicating they would like a couple more estimates from 2 other contractors and they would contact us when these contractors would be arriving. We heard absolutely nothing from Seal Smart by 05/31/2013 when we contacted them again threatening legal action if they do not move forward with thier committments. Seal Smart responed on 06/06/2013 indicating our deposit refund was being mailed and we would receive it by the end of the week, which we did. Seal Smart also indicated they would be contacting us as they get more information in regards to repairing the damage they had caused. We have yet to hear anything back from Seal Smart regarding repairs and any further correspondence with seal smart will be via attorney as that seems to be the only thing they understand. In its current condition our deck is unsightly (1/2 stripped) and unusable as it is splintered due to the damage from heavy power washing. It has been 48 days since Seal Smart damaged our deck and a continuous fight to get any response from them.