We sent a letter to Eric Collar, on Jan. 19, 2016 detailing the events of the last few months of the building process. Eric had hired 1 worker to do the plumbing, furnace and heat ducting. Eric forwarded our letter to the worker's company. Issues in this letter included the following: This worker and his helpers always used the front door of our house to get to their work area in the basement. They made so many trips with dirty shoes that the stairway was gouged to the point that it could no longer be stained. This worker demonstrated he had no respect for our property. Eric ignored it. We ordered 3 egress windows. 2 met code and 1 did not. We had been looking at a potential 4 bedroom house, but now it's 3. Eric said the window that had been cut to meet code had to have wood trim. We called the basement company recently and they said concrete trim could have been used. Mr. Collar seemed confused on codes when putting in the stairway. Originally, we had planned for 1 door at bottom of stairway. Once the stairs were in, there wasn't enough clearance between the bottom stair and outside wall. Eric realized his mistake and said he had to frame it in. We said, "OK" because we really had no other choice at that point. The problem worker gave us a 3" sewer pipe without giving us an option of a 4" pipe. He put the main sewer pipe in the wrong place, causing a 6"+ sized hole in basement wall. Eric said we would get a Tappan furnace (highly rated), but later the worker installed a Rheem furnace instead. We found out later it hadn't been registered and worker hadn't done it himself and didn't mention anything to us to do it, so we lost 5 years of our warranty on the furnace. Once he had furnace running, he had to order a part that was missing and let furnace run hard as a space heater for 2 weeks waiting for the part so he could get the heat ducting in, which may have taken years off lifetime of furnace. Eric did nothing about this. Worker put the register in the wrong place in kitchen after being told several times it needed to be moved. Eric did nothing about this. The worker's helper (a novice) installed the bathroom vanity, but damaged it in the process. The worker never checked his helper's work. Eric resurfaced the floor in it to cover up the water damage which we approved, but we still ended up paying for a new vanity. The worker's helper installed plumbing in the kitchen which looks like a big pile of spaghetti under the sink and the worker never checked his work and Eric Collar didn't do anything about it. The helper didn't use clamps to tighten front of sink which damaged the counter. A rep. of the worker's company came later to check the work and said it was done wrong and couldn't be dug out and fixed. We said we needed 3/4" spigots on outside of house. The worker put in 1/2" spigots, noticed that the pressure was weak, but didn't change the size. This is not adequate for our ongoing blueberry "U-Pick" summer business. We wanted a water heater with 40000 BTU. The worker assured us our water heater would have (his words) "every bit that BTU". He put in a 36000 BTU. At this point, we let it go, because it was hard enough to get along Eric's worker and we didn't want to make waves. As issues mounted during this project, we didn't even want to deal with the worker. We felt increasingly intimidated and didn't trust him. Eric Collar increasingly failed to support us in these conflicts. Mr. Collar wouldn't stand behind us. He always gave excuses for his workers and wanted us to fight our own battles. We don't know if the real problem worker intimidated Eric or Eric just didn't care. Eric did tell us that the worker no longer worked at that company, was let go. Lastly, we had over $16,000 of parts we already had before the project began which included, the well, septic system, kitchen cabinets and counter, 1 Andersen wall door, a bathroom vanity, water heater, light fixtures and mirrors. (The well and septic already here was approved to use on the new house by the county.) We didn't know where that money went. We saved all paper work. We are still waiting for the counter to be replaced with the same counter we had, painting, bathroom door leveled out, and porch boards need to be replaced from last summer. I would advise to use financing through a bank on this type of project and not doing it out of pocket. That was our mistake. A bank would have stopped the project when it started going wrong. Even if you have cash, use a bank anyway.