On April 14 I met with Scott Thompson of Healthy Spaces to get an estimate on waterproofing my basement. My basement is mostly finished with panelling and carpeting. After measuring the space, Scott gave me an estimate of $4862. He told me I would have to move all furniture 48" away from all outside walls but I would not have to remove the panelling or carpeting. The carpeting could be pulled back from the walls to do the work. He also mentioned a discount if I paid the deposit up front and the rest at completion of the work. I got estimates from two other companies, and both of them required me to remove the panelling and carpeting before they could do the job. This is the main reason I chose Healthy Spaces to do the work, along with their A rating on Angie's List and the Better Business Bureau. On May 12 a crew from Healthy Spaces arrived to begin the work. The first thing Steve asked me when he walked down into the basement was if they were supposed to remove the panelling. I told him what Scott told me about not needing to do that. He said he absolutely could not do the job without removing part of the panelling. Since it was cut the panelling or not get the job done, I agreed to let them cut my panelling. When they dug the hole for the sump pump, they found I had a monolithic foundation. When I googled it, I found that, although fairly uncommon, a monolithic foundation is detectable by looking at the lowest block in a concrete block wall. If it is at least 8" tall, it is likely to be part of a monolithic foundation. Blocks less than 8" indicate a non-monolithic foundation. Obviouslly this is not without exceptions, but if questionable, drilling a pilot hole in the concrete floor would provide the answer. I would like to think that identifying a monolithic foundation would be crucial in determining the type of waterproofing system to use and definitely something to consider when giving an estimate. Unfortunately the system that Healthy Spaces brought to my house was one that could not be used with my foundation. This system required digging a trench with jack hammers all around my basement walls. Once the system was installed, in the trench, it would be covered with concrete. The baseboard-like system that had to be used in my basement is above the ground and was fastened to the floor with epoxy. It required less materials and less labor. Since they didn't have the baseboard system in stock, they had to order it, postponing the completion of the job for 9 days. i was told by Steve that the other system was not going to be more expensive - it should be less. My brother-in-law was with me when I was given that information. Steve also said that Scott Thompson would contact me because I would have to sign a different contract. Scott called me several days later and told me that the price would remain the same even though he thought the baseboard system was more expensive. I couldn't understand how that could be with so much less material and labor involved. Also when the sump pump was installed, the original plan was to have it drain away from my house by means of a trench that would run approximately 20 feet out to the street in front of my house. Since I already had an underground pipe leading out to the street, dug by another contractor in an attempt to channel water away from the foundation, all Steve had to do was run his sump pump discharge about 3 feet to my existing pipe. The last time I spoke to Scott Thompson, he said he had to talk to his boss, the owner of the company, but he said I would get some sort of discount. He would get back to me after Memorial Day. i have not heard from him. When I asked Scott about the 10% Angie's List coupon that I printed out, he did not reply. The company failed to honor the Angie's List coupon and the final bill showed no discount. As weeks go by, I am gradually cleaning up and replacing the torn up panelling and insulation left by Healthy Spaces. I have hopes that the system that was installed will work to keep water out of my basement, but I very much dislike the fact that I was told that I would not have to remove my paneling to begin with. The mess left in my basement is terrible. 7/31/14 As an addendum, after meeting with Damon Cheatam and expressing my dissatisfaction, not with the actual work, but with the beginning estimate procedures, he explained to me the circumstances under which my incorrect estimate was given. He asked what his company could do to make me happy. I told him I would like them to honor the 10% Angie's List discount coupon I gave him. Meetings were held, and the end result was I received a check in the mail for the 10% discount. In spite of a few issues, this company has proven to be one of integrity and one which obviously cares about reputation and customer satisfaction. I have changed my ratings accordingly.