I had 2 different houses using their services, when both started having issues, I called technical support, and they wanted to charge me to have someone come out, this seemed stupid, but I limped along. One day another provider comes to the door, and I thought this would be a good time to upgrade my system and get some new equipment. When he looked at my system, he said "oh we are using the same stuff, you just need a new cell chip to fix your problems, they should provide that for free". At this point I went ahead and ordered the stuff for the new house, and tried to cancel Vivint. at this point, vivint tells me that they have a 30 day cancellation policy. Ok, that makes sense, you often pay 30 days in advance. So I cancel, it took almost 2 months to get the stuff cancelled. I should have cancelled the other house right then and there. However, I tried to get Vivint to get the stuff upgraded, I no longer remember if we got it fixed, or if I had to pay for the person to come out. I do remember arguing with them a lot, trying to get anyone out there. I got the distinct impression that they would do anything to avoid sending someone out. A few months later, I moved, and both house holds were combined into one. Knowing that vivint was going to be painful to cancel, we told them that no one would be in the house after May 1. Later, on April 20, we submitted the 30day cancellation notice. The card was billed on April 15th. On May 15th, they ran another full price bill. I tried to call customer service, rather than actually trying to work with me, they wanted to rely on their policy. This amounts to theft, charging for 30days of service, for which they would only serve 5 under their contract, but of course since there was nothing to monitor after the 1st, they had already gotten 15days worth of free money since there is no one at that residence to actually monitor the alarm for.