Recent Review: I had a pipe burst in my basement while I was away, soaking the carpet and everything else sitting on the floor. I called Capital City Restoration around 8p.m. because they advertised 24 hour service. They said they'd have two workers out in an hour, and sure enough they came out and were ready to go. However, they wanted me to sign a form that said they could literally charge me whatever they wanted, and if I contested anything they'd put a lien on my house. I asked them if they could give me an estimate, but they said they couldn't because they didn't know how much work they'd have to do. I asked them to call their boss, who also told me they could not give estimates. Their website says they're state licensed, and I said I thought as a state licensed contractor they were required to give estimates? He said yes, but this was an "emergency" so he didn't have to, and complained that he'd have to go into the office and use some software program and take a bunch of measurements to give me an estimate. I asked if he could just give me prices then? Labor per hour? Equipment? He couldn't do that either, they charge by the job. I asked what's a ballpark figure then, $500? $1,000? $10,000? and he said probably $500-$1500 based on previous jobs. The workers there said the damage wasn't bad and it would probably be around $1,200. I asked their boss what was the most he's charged for a similar room and situation and he said he's never seen it go over $3,000. So I wrote on the form "charges not to exceed $3,000 without written authorization" just to have some upper limit, and put my trust in them. The workers did a quick, thorough job. They cut up and hauled off all the damaged carpet and padding, took out the baseboards, took out a few sections of wet drywall, and set up a bunch of blowers and dehumidifiers which they said to leave running for three days, then they'd be back to pick it up. They should have told me though with all those fans and equipment to check that they weren't tripping the fuses, which they were. For two days little did I know the dehumidifiers weren't working at all because they were on the same circuit and had tripped the fuses. So I myself ran extension cords upstairs and switched around equipment on different plugs until they all ran okay. I called them and told them what happened and if they could leave it here an extra day, but they said no because my charge was already almost $3,000 and that would put it over! I don't know if it was purely coincidental the final charge "happened" to be right under the most I had authorized, or they took that to mean that was the most they could get away with. I'd like to think they're honest but it's hard to tell. Still, the workers did a good job, and they did come out quickly and work until late (midnight) until the job was done, which is worth a lot too.