My husband and I replaced the capacitor on our air conditioner, and were unsure of where one (and only one) of the wires should go. We had watched many, many YouTube videos, and only took off one wire at a time while replacing it on the exact same model of the new capacitor. The one wire was not attached when we took off the cover, and thus were unsure. We attached it to two different terminals, and while the fan would run, we could tell the compressor could not kick on. We knew there was another part that was not getting "juice", but we weren't sure which one. We already pay a monthly fee to Climate Partners, and called them for service. It took three days for them to arrive. The service man did arrive at the time he said he would. I showed him what we had done, and knew there was only one wire we were unsure of for the capacitor. He excused himself to the truck because he said his previous client was a tough job. Came back out of the truck saying it was going to cost me $174 just to check the wiring we did and to run diagnostics. He found the same thing we did, that the compressor wasn't getting "juice". He then went inside and was insistent that the panel for the inside air handler was the problem. I knew that wasn't the case, but he proceeded to pursue this diagnostic assumption. I had gone down to my basement to retrieve a screwdriver, when I heard someone on the other end of his phone speaker tell him he had to go back outside and check every part to see if it was getting "juice". Once he completed that task (which should have been a first check), he came back into my house to tell me he had to replace a part. I made him show me which part, only to find that it was the contactor which I had already assumed was the culprit. When I got the bill, I was charged 1) the original $174 to attach one wire, 2) $225 for a part we found at Home Depot that cost $9.74, and 3) another $125 for "further diagnostics". It was obvious to me that the serviceman was not the sharpest knife in the drawer as he kept telling me it was his wife's birthday (probably told me 5 times). He was either having problems focusing, or my service was "on the job training". In either case, if a novice like me can figure this out, clearly someone trained in this trade should have been able to discern the problem sooner than 3 hours.