The gas cooktop was chaotic. Michel did not examine the cooktop when he unpacked it to make sure it would fit in the space between the countertop and the electric oven beneath. He did not attempt to slide the oven back into place until after the cooktop was installed in the counter and the gas line turned on and approved by the gas company. (I myself could not move the heavy oven, nor was this my area of work or expertise.) At the last minute, discovering that the cooktop model I had bought (which I could have returned had it not been already installed) did not fit in the designated space, Michel had to come up with a creative fix -- trimming down the housing for the oven's fan -- which I was concerned about for safety reasons. Michel told me his first priority was to make things right if any problems occurred, and that he wanted above all t o have me satisfied. Luckily the oven fan works fine (I had an appliance service come by to check and approve it.) The bathroom tile was the next job. Michel had quoted me (1) a price to patch the tiles that had to be removed to access the leak, (2) a price to re-do the entire wall on that side of the tub, and (3) a price for the whole tub and shower. Because the third price was so reasonable, I chose a complete re-do, as I also wanted to install a "deco band" (decorative strip of tile) which I had not ever had in my bathroom before. Michel's progress in the bathroom was extremely slow. A one-week job stretched into three weeks, heading for a fourth. He often arrived at midday and only worked until 3 p.m. due to other commitments. Some days were entirely skipped. I work at home on my computer in my bedroom and having someone only a few feet away in the bathroom for so many weeks was very disruptive. Plus, Michel was often on his cell phone while he worked, which meant I could not use my own phone due to two conversations going on at once. I had to ask him to take his calls outside. Michel did not properly plan the layout of the 4-inch white bath tiles. When I saw that two very narrow sets of 3/4-inch strips were going into both inside corners of the bath (i.e., four vertical columns of what is known as "fiddlesticks"), I had him stop. I had to re-think the whole layout myself, and came up with the addition of two more vertical decorative strips (at more materials expense) to eliminate the dozens of skinny corner pieces. I did not know at the time that the "butter method" (smearing mortar on the back of each tile) that Michel was using was absolutely not appropriate for a tub/shower where moisture could build up behind the tiles in the many gaps that remained and cause mildew issues. I did notice that the tiles he had affixed to the wall by pressing them on with his hands (with thick mortar patties stuck to the back of them) were jutting out at angles (i.e., not on a level plane) and asked him about this. He said the problem was with my uneven bathroom walls, and that when he grouted everything "it would all blend in and look fine." I did not know that the rounded bullnose tiles he used on the outer corner of one wall were really meant for kitchen countertops. I asked why they were so thick, and he said they were intended for wall corners. I did not know that the sanded grout Michel used was not right for a tub/shower setting. As the job headed for its fourth week, I pressed him to please finish as I needed my bathroom and life back. He said, "It doesn't affect you. You have another bathroom." I was dismayed. I told him not to bother to seal the tile as I would do it myself. I just wanted him out, with his load of equipment taking up my patio and garage. I told him I had decided not to continue with him for the other work I had planned. His entire attitude changed with this information and when I tried to explain my position, he told me, "I don't care what you have to say." He was still in my bathroom, doing the final caulking. I paid him what he had asked for ($940), including materials ($254). I had also spent $100 for the deco tiles, making a job total of $1294. I was satisfied with the look of the deco tiles and thought I could call in another company to remove the most uneven areas of Michel's work on the bathtub walls and replace those tiles. I started calling tile setters. The owner of Tile Tech Installers of Oceanside was willing to come down to take a look. I pointed out what I thought were the worst spots and he only shook his head. He said he could not even begin to tell me what was wrong -- there was so much. He pointed out the kitchen bullnose tiles, the overuse of mortar to build out the walls, the sanded grout, a nd the many, many "wobbly" looking, improperly set tiles. I asked what it would cost to tear out the whole job and do it again. He gave me a price of $1800 and said he could begin the next day. When Tile Tech did the demolition of Michel's tile job, they were aghast. They showed me how much the wall had been built out (with "thinset" -- supposed to be thinly used) and all the mortar globs everywhere that would have created a serious mildew issue. They also pointed out the dings in my high-quality cast-iron tub that Michel had created when he put in the waterproof board. Fortunately, they did a beautiful job themselves, in only 4 days, and I have ended up with a lovely bathroom. Unfortunately, I had to pay for materials (and labor) all over again. The same day I hired Tile Tech, I called Michel and left a message saying that I had learned how much was wrong with his installation and was going to have the entire job ripped out and redone. I asked him to please call me to discuss this, but I never heard back from him.