Mark installed a 6-foot long bank of cabinets up on the wall of our existing kitchen using only 3 or 4 screws. We expressed doubt about the ability of those screws to hold up the cabinet and he installed a few more screws and insisted it was safe. Some months after the job was finished (we have no idea how the cabinets lasted that long), the entire bank of cabinets fell off the wall, obviously dumping all their contents and breaking valuable art pieces. As we inspected the fallen cabinets, we found that the screws used were too small and too short. Only three of the seven screws he used were securely in studs; the remaining four screws were so short that they only protruded from the back of the cabinets by ½ inch, and the thickness of the drywall from front surface to stud was ½ inch, so those screws could have only been in studs the tiniest fraction of an inch, if at all. The three top screws that were in studs broke in half during the fall. The remaining screws pulled completely out of the wall during the fall. We found that when we removed those screws from the cabinets, two of them were broken in the middle and came out of the cabinets in two pieces, evidence that the contractor broke or weakened the screws during installation, most likely from over-tightening and applying too much torque. We also found substandard work in that he braced the bottom of the center cabinet with a piece of wood that was too long and so it bowed the back of the cabinet out, causing additional tension on the screws, and he put one screw through the thin fiberboard of the cabinet back, not through the framing wood of the cabinets. We have had other people look at the damage and all have agreed that the cabinets were installed with screws too small and they may have been weakened by the torque of cranking them into the studs. To make it all worse, Mark refused to take responsibility for the shoddy work and damage, insisting the problem was a microwave that was installed underneath the cabinets. The microwave, however, was installed on a heavy metal bracket that was adequately attached to the wall so the weight of the microwave rested on the bracket, not on the cabinets. Again, other professionals echoed this finding that the microwave was not at fault. We were forced to initiate a hearing with the ROC to resolve the issue, but just prior to the court date, Mark agreed to settle and pay damages.