When I first contacted the Home Warranty company, they contacted Southern and sent a very competent, professional technician. He gave me a verbal estimate and explained what the issues were. Once the Home Warranty company approved the work, I had to wait for parts and that took a long time, over 3 months. The two companies blamed each other for the delay. This area had been severely ravaged by tornadoes in late April and Southern Heating told me and quot;regular customers were hurting with no roof over their heads in some cases.and quot; They asked if they could delay my work to tend to the serious destruction. I readily and willingly agreed. However, when I had family coming to visit, I called and asked them to please come and fix the upstairs heat pump so I could have A/C; it was over 90 in the rooms upstairs during the day. They did not come and I had to purchase a window A/C to make life bearable for my guests. Finally, in late August, they fixed the heat pump and I had A/C (and this winter, heat) in the upstairs. My downstairs had A/C, but the heating portion did NOT work and needed to be fixed before winter. I called several times and continued to get a run-around from the service manager. Eventually, he told me the part that had been ordered and delivered in June was the wrong part. So for 4 months, the company had either failed to check the order or had failed to get the correct part. I was going out of town, the weather was getting cold, and I wanted heat in the house. The service manager said I would have to wait. Finally, I sent an email to the only address I could find at the web site and the next day, the technician came to the house. He said the owner had seen the e-mail and was upset. Things moved quickly and measurements were taken for the new cowling, and the unit was checked for installation. Unfortunately, the measurements were wrong and had to be redone and by then we were leaving on a long trip. I was assured by the technician that the work would be done and the heat turned on in two days. The technician called two days later to say the work was done, and everything was working. We returned home a month later and the new cowling was in. I could detect NO change to the gas line or the concrete pad, and the electric lines also appeared the same. So when I got a bill for $825, exactly as the estimate had been, I called and requested an itemized bill. That was in mid-November. I heard nothing and so called again in mid-December. I was told a bill would be sent. It has been another 4 weeks and no bill. The individual technician who inspected and did initial repair was professional, courteous, and efficient. The owner apparently took responsibility and quickly jumped in once he was aware of an issue. The secretary/receptionist who took my calls was polite but I have never heard back from her on my issues. The service manager gave me the run-around at every call, blaming someone else, and has yet to provide an itemized bill. This company was contacted through my Home Warranty company. I contacted the Home Warranty company to report the issues and they told me if I needed additional work, they would be sure to use a different provider in the future.