Recent Review: Overall, the experience was a good one. This was our first time dealing with a contractor and based on others' experiences with other contractors, were prepared for the worst. However, we are very happy with the finished product and Joe was very professional in his suggestions and really wanting to do things the right way. After receiving the original estimate, there were several details left out that we notified Joe about, but we never received an updated estimate. The final project cost ended up being close to double what the original estimate was. We selected tile from the store that Joe suggested to us, and it was very convenient since Joe was able to pick it up and we did not have to worry about that. Originally, he stated that this would be a 2-3 day job, beginning on a Thursday. He called and said he could not start until the following Monday. On Monday, he only dropped off supplies, no work was done. When the work was started on Tuesday, a random door and brick wall were discovered behind the paneling being torn out. While these things could have been left as is, Joe wanted us to benefit from the few inches of room that we gained by tearing out the brick wall. Tearing out the unexpected brick wall added time and expense to the project; however, we know it was done correctly. When the carpet was torn out, an old vinyl tile floor was discovered that was completely glued down. This added additional time. During Joe's first visit to the house, he did not lift up the carpet to see what was underneath so this was a surprise to everyone. Since the tearing up of this vinyl took a whole day, this again delayed the process. No work was done the following day. Two workers came on Saturday and worked for about 14 hours. When they left, they said someone might come back on Sunday, but Joe said he would not be there and would see us Monday. Monday came & went with no one working or calling. Work resumed on Tuesday, when Joe discovered some faulty wiring done by the previous homeowners. He spent a lot of time fixing this, again, so things were done the right way. He could have kept his mouth shut and we would never have been the wiser. I feel much safer in my home now, thanks to Joe! More supplies needed to be ordered & would not be in until Thursday, so no work was done Wednesday. The work was finally completed that Friday, making it a two week project. I understand that there were unexpected problems that came up and I even get that other projects are going on simultaneously, but the lack of communication was frustrating. We had the luxury of one of us being able to work from home, but had we needed to take off of work for this, there would have been no excuse for not showing up with no explanation. Up until the last few days, we were still reminding them of small details that needed to be done. The room being worked on had been a slab addition to a pier & beam house, so there were 2 steps down into this room. At Joe's wonderful suggestion, we were able to get rid of the bottom step and just have one step coming down. Since the step was originally carpet, I was not sure what to do with it now, since it leads fromthe original wood floor into this now tiled room. Joe once again had a great suggestion about just making it a one-piece oak step, stained to match the original floor. When this step was installed, it did not fully cover part of the wood floor that was never refinished. We were able to actually lift up this step as the nails used were very short. We just moved it back a bit so that it covers the unsightly part of the floor and it looks just fine. We will definitely be calling Joe again for future projects!