Recent Review: This process began in January 2015, where we met with Doug Shaw and his realtor to walk a few different plots of land that he had that were undeveloped. At the time, we did not have the house plans available, but determined which of the lots we preferred, at which time we put down a deposit to hold the lot. We then purchased the home plans (5 full sets and CAD CD, as we knew there were a few minor modifications we wanted incorporated). We provided all that we purchased to Doug, which he used to generate a cost estimate. We agreed on the estimate and moved forward with generating a Purchase & Sale as well as a detailed specification sheet. This process took about 4 months, during which time, all communications were required at his request to go through his realtor, although he assured us once we signed, we would have direct communication with him. The specifications were very generic, and non-specific with most decisions being 'stock' from his inventory, and not custom as we had stated. We had to revise nearly every section to indicate that we would be deciding what fixtures, finishes, etc. although we compromised and would use his vendor list. This process took about 8 weeks, after multiple errors in the document, on his side, even though both his lawyer and realtor approved them, which caused further delays. We signed the P&S May 1st, and then received no follow-up for weeks. We requested to speak with him directly, but he had not provided any contact details and would not respond to us. We followed up weekly with the realtor, with only excuses as to delays in initiating the build. Blaming the weather, backup in resources, scheduling, and never committing to moving the project forward. Finally, because the lot had wetlands, the lot needed to be reviewed by the town, so we investigated the meeting schedule and if the lot was in the upcoming agenda. It was not. We requested follow-up, to which we received more excuses that the meetings were cancelled and the flagging needed prior to the town evaluating the lot was delayed for other projects. Basically, we were not a priority and there was no commitment to working with us or communicating with us. We had a clause in our P&S that if permits were not in hand by July 15th, 10 weeks from when we signed the document, we could pull out of the agreement with all deposits returned to us. Unfortunately, the lot was not even scheduled for a town meeting prior to July 15th, and given the difficulties with communication and us having to push for any update, we decided to pull out of the agreement. The response was him taking 4 weeks to return the CD of the plans, and refusing to return the 5 full paper copies. He will not return anyone's request to return what is rightfully ours, stating we need to communicate further via his attorney.