Find Top-Rated Sacramento Moving Companies
There are 33 top-rated moving companies in your area and 162 to avoid.
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
Over 4 million people rely on ...
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
AReviews107810 years on Angie's List
AReviews10296 years on Angie's List
AReviews1596 years on Angie's List
Shop Offers from Local Moving Companies
$900 for $1,000 Credit Toward Moving to the State of OregonMember price $900.00 Original price: $1,000.00.
$1,028.10 for a 32-Foot Moving Truck and a 3-Person Crew for 6 HoursMember price $1,028.10 Original price: $1,028.10.
$1,370.80 for a 32-Foot Moving Truck and a 3-Person Crew for 8 HoursMember price $1,370.80 Original price: $1,370.80.
$5,950.00 for a 3-Person Moving Crew for 12 Hours (Long distance), Including a 16ft TruckMember price $5,950.00 Original price: $5,950.00.
AReviews1305 years on Angie's List
AReviews8710 years on Angie's List
AReviews751 year on Angie's List
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Moving Articles
AReviews686 years on Angie's List
AReviews678 years on Angie's List
AReviews5310 years on Angie's List
Moving reviews in Sacramento
Real People ~ Real Reviews ~ Real Results
They were friendly and took great care of all of my things. They moved a 2 bedroom 1 bath from a second floor to a fourth floor with a 1/2 hour commute in 5 hours!- refugiac R.
Provider name locked. , Edurdo & Provider name locked. were excellent. Prompt, fast, careful, friendly and reliable. Most of all, their price is so reasonable. We will definitely use them again.- elouiseblan K.
A+. These are professionals. There were cheaper alternatives, but I felt the best about this company. In short, they were very good, and there were no problems.
1. I had a good first impression on the phone with the receptionist. First impressions matter to me. Then I talked to Provider name locked. . We scheduled a walkthrough within a day or two. Other companies did not have time available until later in the week.
2. Provider name locked. arrived on time. He was courteous. He was responsive to my concerns. He walked through the house efficiently. He said he'd get back to me with a quote. He sat down and explained the moving process. The movers would arrive, install protection for the house by taping corners and putting down runners. The movers would be in slacks and a professional uniform with a name tag. He went on and on about what would happen. He finished up by explaining what would happen on the other end. It was the most professional presentation I have ever received. I have moved many times, and Provider name locked. 's presentation was by far the most organized and thorough initial visit.
3. I reviewed quotes from 2 other firms on Angie's List. I did my best to standardize the quotes so that I was comparing apples to apples. Provider name locked. was not the cheapest. They included the full replacement value coverage with no deductible. Just so you know, there are cheaper options with various levels of deductible. This was not explained to me. If I had to provide constructive criticism on one thing, it would be that the insurance options were not explained. I figured that out from other presentations.
Still, once I knew that I could probably get a quote with other options, I did actually decide that I wanted full replacement value with no deductible — so I did not ask them for a lower quote with other options. To do a comparison, I had to figure the no-deductible insurance into the other quotes in order to get a fair comparison. That may be an area where you can save money. It just depends on your situation. Check your homeowner's insurance to see if it covers a loss that occurs during transit. This should be a major concern if you have some really valuable items that can be damaged in such a move.
4. I called Provider name locked. on the Saturday of Labor Day weekend. I got a call back within an hour. I did not expect to hear anything until Monday. This was a good sign. It shows the responsiveness of Provider name locked. is stressful and you are balancing many things. The last thing you need is a company that is slow to get back to you. I had more questions on the first business day after Labor Day. I received a call within an hour or two from Provider name locked. with answers to all my questions. I had a few more questions that were answered by his staff. The receptionist was always helpful and always relayed my concerns to Provider name locked. .
5. I signed up for a self-pack. I received the boxes within hours of confirming the move. The movers who showed up were courteous. Another good sign.
6. I needed more boxes over the weekend, when typically movers are closed. I received what I needed within hours of my request on a Friday afternoon at 5:00 PM. The person at the desk was able to track down a delivery person who was on his way out. This helped tremendously not having to worry that I was going to run out of materials before the load-up day.
7. The movers arrived on time in the morning of the load up. The lead person, Provider name locked. , introduced himself. The movers moved quickly and efficiently. They were courteous and responsive to my needs. I did not notice them slacking off or doing anything inappropriate. Provider name locked. has 16 years of experience under his belt. I felt like I was in good hands. Provider name locked. also helped out by offering creative solutions to various problems that came up with some appliances. He lent me a putty knife, which saved me a trip to the store. He lent me his box cutter. He helped me brainstorm about the placement of some furniture. These are the kinds of things that make a stressful move less stressful.
8. The movers came the next morning to retrieve a few items. Again, they were on time and ready to go. I met them at our new place. They were already unloading. They moved efficiently. Nothing was damaged that I have noticed. I never saw the movers sitting around doing nothing.
9. Another constructive criticism is that there ended up being some boxes that were misplaced. It seemed kind of rushed at the end. I was exhausted, and I'm sure the movers were, as well. But I was paying good money for the labor, so I would have appreciated an instruction to walk through the house and tell us if there are any boxes that need to be moved. There was a huge stack of boxes in the kitchen, and it was not until the movers left and I started to dig into the stack that I saw that there were a few misplaced boxes. The same was true of the garage. I would have appreciated a little more heads up by the lead person that they were contemplating getting ready to leave in 30 minutes, say, and please make a final sweep of all the boxes. I would have sent a couple movers with me to help move other boxes out of the way so that I could see what boxes were behind other boxes. Remember, when the movers leave, you are the one who has to move misplaced boxes, so this is actually a pretty big deal that you should insist on taking your time with. To be fair, Provider name locked. did move the misplaced boxes in the living room to other places. It was just that I discovered later some boxes, mostly in the kitchen, that were in the wrong place.
10. The fee I paid matched the Not To Exceed Price. I was charged extra for the extra packing materials that I requested.
11. I had a question after the move and the response was prompt and courteous.
My experience was hassle-free. I am satisfied that I chose well. I strongly recommend this company.
- Bradford M.