Access to trusted reviews, the best Tiling Experts and exclusive discounts!
- Memberships allow Angie’s List to certify that all reviews are real reviews from real members—no fake, bogus, or anonymous reviews here!
- Angie’s List is a Community that you’ll use time after time. Research who to hire, learn tips and tricks, and consult with your neighbors
- Members can choose from tons of deals and discounts for projects they need to do, like 30% off exterior home painting!
- If a project goes badly, Angie’s List has a complaint resolution team standing by to help you.
Raleigh Ceramic Tiling Articles
Angie's List In The Press
Raleigh Tiling Experts Reviews
Here is more detail. The original date of the service was Friday 1/3/14 and was supposed to be two installers for one day but one installer called in sick. So the first installer volunteered to come back on Saturday to finish the job. So this was good. On Saturday the first installer finished in about half a day and asked me to verify the work was finished properly but the work was still somewhat wet so we had to tip toe around trying to make sure the work was correctly done. I had the installer touch up a few areas which he did cheerfully. (I specifically chose that word as he really wanted to make sure things were done right) We did the best we could and he fixed all issues I found that day.
Things looked much better in the bathroom but after closer inspection there were two large areas that were completely missed and some areas that were not as well done as originally thought. So I called Grout Medic and they sent someone out to complete and touch up the job. He did a great job and in the end, I am very happy with the work. But there were several other problems I ran into that I will mention below.
- In the initial call to Grout Medic to get an updated estimate (I got one estimate last year but decided not to do the work), the office manager called me back and tried to fit me into
-- When the first installer arrived, it was clear that he wasn't really sure what exactly to do in the bathroom even though he had the estimate with the details. Obviously no one had gone over what was to be done with him.
- Grout Medic uses an email scheduling system for all jobs and on the touch up job I did not get an email confirmation of the job day/time as expected. I was not 100% sure that they were coming until I did receive a reminder email 24 hours ahead of time. (and yes, I checked my Junk email folder)
- After the initial job was completed I called and left a message that I wanted to provide feedback to
- Minor point - but every one of my calls to Grout Medic went to voicemail and returned. No one actually answered the calls.
In the end, I had to be very involved to make sure things were done right which in my opinion shouldn't be necessary given the premium price paid. I would expect
I would give the following grades to the personnel I dealt with.
First installer - B
Second installer - A
Office Manager - C
If I needed this service again, I know that I could ultimately get high quality work but given the price, I would have to think hard about whether I had the time to make sure the job was done right.
When he wrapped up our job, we said, "now what can we tile?!"
Back in had a dishwasher leak while on vacation. Ruined very expensive exotic wood flooring (Merbau) that ran wall to wall in the entire first floor. All the wood flooring in three rooms (kitchen, bathroom and office) was cupped and ruined. In addition, all the cabinets had to go. Since Merbau is now banned by the EPA in the US (thanks Obama), we knew we were not going to be able to match the existing flooring. So we made the tough decision to make the switch to Travertine in the kitchen and bath and we had the office flooring repaired with the dry boards we salvaged from the kitchen.
Of the 4 natural stone flooring guys we interviewed (all the top rated ones on the List)
Get this...after the floor was installed but BEFORE the grout even went in, I went to one side of the 23 ft long kitchen and slid a quarter across the floor to see if there was any lippage (I learned this was tile guy speak for uneven tiles). None. NO matter how many times or which direction I slid the quarter...it just slid across without skipping. The other installers I interviewed all said that there may be lippage with their install but the 1/8 grout lines they proposed would allow that to not be an issue. Anyway, after the floor was 100% done and grouted the quarter test worked just the same. Unbelievable job.
The crew was top notch. There were plenty of days we just left the crew here and were gone. During the backsplash install, we were not going to be there...and we were 100% comfortable with having a neighbor meet them and let them in the house to do their thing. The backsplash is BEAutiful. These are SKILLED craftsman who have done this for 10-20 years as a trade, not some guy who who a tile install class and hung out a shingle.
One of the most important things to research when deciding on an installer is how they prep the sub-floor.
I would not hesitate to refer
I think the price was more than fair for the quality of the materials, workmanship and professionalism.
I will post some pictures soon."
This is the second time we had them work on our tile. They are very professional and easy to work with. I am thankful for the job they did both times. The tile installed 8 years ago looks new again. The first job was trouble free for 3 years as estimated by
I also know they are responsive if problems develop since the job before this one had a minor touch up and
All Tiling Experts in Raleigh, NC
Fuquay Varina, NC
Fuquay Varina, NC
Fuquay Varina, NC
Wake Forest, nc