Find Top-Rated Norfolk Drain Pipe Contractors
There are 15 top-rated drain pipe contractors in your area and 116 to avoid.
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
Over 4 million people rely on ...
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
AReviews46710 years on Angie's List
AReviews19210 years on Angie's List
AReviews17810 years on Angie's List
Shop Offers from Local Drain Pipe Contractors
$2,199 for an Underground Gravity Flow Drainage SystemMember price $2,199.00 Original price: $2,449.00.
$375 for 8 Hours of Landscape and Yard Cleanup (Includes a 1/2 Hour Consultation)Member price $375.00 Original price: $460.00.
$195 for Two Hours of Plumbing LaborMember price $195.00 Original price: $250.00.
$179 for a Landscape Design ConsultationMember price $179.00 Original price: $200.00.
AReviews11810 years on Angie's List
AReviews707 years on Angie's List
AReviews575 years on Angie's List
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Drain Pipe Installation Articles
AReviews485 years on Angie's List
AReviews355 years on Angie's List
AReviews3310 years on Angie's List
Drain Pipe Installation reviews in Norfolk
Real People ~ Real Reviews ~ Real Results
For the record, my floor joists problem was more an inconvenience than necessity. I had been dealing with the sagging floor for a few years. I decided to finally fix it in preparation of a kitchen remodel I plan on undertaking. I got many quotes for my foundation work. I chose AEC for a number of reasons:
1. The estimator actually listened to my problem. This sounds Provider name locked. , but a few estimators seemed focused on the up-sell rather than my issue.
2. The estimator told me the problem was not as bad as I thought and explained to issue and some proposed solutions. I received a varying stories while gathering estimates...including "your house is going to fall apart if you don't fix this". AEC talked to me like an individual, not a sales pitch or fear-mongering. This leads to trustworthiness.
3. I don't mind if an estimator does a little "digging" around to see if other work is needed. As long as the work is relevant to my situation and not "padding" (up-selling). All estimations I got recommended other work. When this happens, I ask for an itemized quote to review, analyze and determine budgetary decisions. AEC listened to my request and gave me an itemized quote. I did accept all the quoted work, but having an itemized quote allowed me to make informed decisions. A few estimations I received forgot my itemized request and gave a lump sum amount.
4. Timeline. My project was not so complex that they were able to fit me in relatively short period after I accepted the quote.
5. Price. AEC was competitively priced in comparison to other estimations. They were on the lower end, which is good, but also because they focused on my issue and didn't pad the quote.
So the team showed up on the day and time specified on the phone. It was a 2 day job. They were able to work without my continued presence. So I was there at the start, then went to work for the day.
Once completed, I can feel the difference in the floors. It is weird to walk over an even floor now. I'm still not used to it.
AEC was kind enough to mention they would return to tweak the floor beams, if needed, when I start my kitchen remodel.
In the future, I do intend on re-addressing some of the other items on my quote that I passed up on. When I do, AEC will be my first call do to the quality work they provided and their professional approach to the business.
Thanks. Provider name locked.
- Christopher H.
This positive review is for work that Mr. Provider name locked. DIDN'T do because the solution was something that didn't require his expertise. Mr. Provider name locked. responded promptly to my request for a consultation regarding putting in a French drain because we have standing water beside our house when it rains. He identified the source of the problem (downspouts from the gutters don't drain far enough from the house) and then supplied a solution which we could do ourselves at much less cost than a French drain. He checked the corners of our brick house to verify that the standing water wasn't affecting the foundation. He was very knowledgeable and professional and I appreciate that the didn't sell us something that we didn't need. I highly recommend Mr. Provider name locked. .
- CAROLBETH S.
We live in Larchmont in Provider name locked. where it floods every time a heavy rain coincides with a high tide. We frequently had standing water in the back yard that made it difficult to maintain a lawn or to enjoy our yard. Provider name locked. and AEC took laser measurements, mapped out the yard and designed a solution. He gave us a very reasonable estimate and a projected start and finish date, all of which he met.
They finished a couple of weeks before hurricane Sandy, and during the storm the drainage system worked like a charm. Shortly after the highest tide after the third day of heavy rain the water drained out like someone pulled the plug out of a bath tub.
The folks at AEC are truly experts at solving drainage problems. Their system was Provider name locked. , elegant and extremely effective, we have had other companies in to offer solutions and they were amateurs compared to AEC. AEC knows their business and knows how to complete the job. We have enthusiastically recommended AEC to our neighbors.
It was a big job and cost a fair amount, but the price was very fair and competitive.
- Andrew N.