Find Top-Rated Boston Gas Repair Services
There are 21 top-rated gas repair services in your area and 197 to avoid.
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
Over 4 million people rely on ...
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
AReviews100214 years on Angie's List
AReviews40911 years on Angie's List
AReviews3427 years on Angie's List
Shop Offers from Local Gas Repair Services
$249 Outdoor Hose Faucet ReplacementMember price $249.00 Original price: $249.00.
$179 Kitchen or Bathroom Faucet InstallationMember price $179.00 Original price: $199.00.
$176 for a Plumbing Service Call Plus 1 Hour of LaborMember price $176.00 Original price: $189.00.
$145 for a 22-Point Winter Furnace Inspection and CleaningMember price $145.00 Original price: $159.00.
AReviews3244 years on Angie's List
AReviews32011 years on Angie's List
AReviews2595 years on Angie's List
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Gas Leak Repair Articles
AReviews23213 years on Angie's List
AReviews2306 years on Angie's List
AReviews1746 years on Angie's List
Gas Leak Repair reviews in Boston
Real People ~ Real Reviews ~ Real Results
Would highly recommend. Work was scheduled quickly, performed satisfactorily, and personnel were courteous and friendly. This was a dirty job in a messy old house; debris was thankfully carted away. Again, would not hesitate to recommend, and will hire again in the spring.- ALEXANDRA C.
I was extremely happy with the workman that was sent out, Provider name locked. . He was very chatty (as am I at times), so my bill is a bit exaggerated considering the work done. However, he is extremely knowledgeable. Since I'm a new homeowner, we spent time discussing other issues, with my home, that he did not work on during the visit. Provider name locked. , who works in the office, was extremely helpful and responsive when I forgot to present my angie's coupon to Provider name locked. on site. I still received a discount.- KEITH M.
Provider name locked. is an outstanding plumber. Provider name locked. is an owner of Provider name locked. and did much of the work himself, with help from several Provider name locked. employees and from non-Provider name locked. electricians. Provider name locked. and Provider name locked. 's manager Provider name locked. were very responsive to email requests.
First, the only bad thing: The electricians that Provider name locked. used on my job were terrible. I remain unsatisfied with the electrical work. Shortly after our job, Provider name locked. fired those electricians and now uses different electricians, whom Provider name locked. reports are much better. If I pressed the issue with Provider name locked. I believe he would bring new electricians out at his expense to address my complaints. However, I am so satisfied with the rest of Provider name locked. 's work -- and with how Provider name locked. didn't soak me on the price of some additional work I asked for during the installation -- that I felt it wasn't worth pressing the issue.
And the plumbing, gasfitting, and HVAC work far exceeded my expectations. What really struck me was the quality and attention to detail of the work performed. For example:
* A previous gasfitter had installed a flexible gas line (CSST) along our basement ceiling in an arc that just plain looked ugly. As Provider name locked. removed the line (since the furnace location was moving) he commented that he prefers to cut and thread solid pipe because "it takes just a few more seconds to install", costs about the same, but the result "looks like professional work."
* Although he was installing Trane HVAC equipment, he installed an Aprilaire branded media filter. I asked why not use the Trane filter since the price seemed equivalent; his answer was that in his experience the Aprilaire media filter gave a much tighter seal than the Trane, meaning that less air from the basement would leak into the duct.
* Our old furnace was in the middle of the basement. When Provider name locked. overheard me comment to my wife that it was too bad it took up so much space (since it would get in the way if we ever wanted to finish the basement) he suggested that we move the furnace to be up against a side wall. Because of this change he had to redo all of the ductwork in the basement, and he made sure to route the ducts in such a way that it maximized headroom space throughout the basement (even though that added extra headache for him in routing some of the ducts).
* Provider name locked. left some equipment in my basement overnight (with my permission) and in the morning it had leaked a small amount of oil onto the concrete floor. When he saw it the next day he lamented that he didn't have any oil spill cleaning sand on his truck ("we don't usually spill oil where it's not supposed to be") and offered to drive down immediately to Home Depot to get some.
* As a Provider name locked. employee removed the gas water heater vent pipe from the chimney, he observed what a bad job a previous contractor had done in patching the chimney hole from an old oil furnace vent pipe. Provider name locked. and his staff ended up removing the previous patch at no cost -- even though it wasn't from Provider name locked. 's job -- and patching both holes in a way that looks much nicer.
Provider name locked. 's price quotes, contracts, and invoices are very detailed and very specific. For example, for the new water heater the contract line items were:
<Provider name locked. >Pull all permits and stand inspectionsProvider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Drain and discard existing water heaterProvider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Install new Rinnai RU98i On-Demand water heater 95% efficient Provider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Connect hot and cold water lines to unit Provider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Install isolation on hot and cold water lines to unit Provider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Run new gas line from meter to unitProvider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Connect gas line to unit Provider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Install new emergency gas shut off valve Provider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Run new venting through side of houseProvider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Make penetrations through house weather tight Provider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Run new condensate drain Provider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Purge all air from water linesProvider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Install new outlet for Rinnai unitProvider name locked. >
<Provider name locked. >Test system for leaks and proper operationProvider name locked. >
During the installation I asked if they would add a few odd jobs such as replacing the shallow (4") basement sink with a deeper (10") sink, and replacing a leaky outdoor spigot, which they did without complaint. For this and all other extra work (such as the new ductwork) Provider name locked. gave me very reasonable pricing. At one point I commented on it being a missed opportunity for them to price-gouge me, and Provider name locked. replied that his business model is to do good work and thereby to Provider name locked. the follow-on work (such as the annual cleaning/maintenance required for a tankless water heater).
Provider name locked. also made sure I had all applicable rebate forms for the new high-efficiency equipment, and filled out the "contractor" portion of the forms.
Overall I have no regrets at having chosen Provider name locked. and am very satisfied with the service they gave me.- J. G.