What Is a Contractor Lien Release or Subcontractor Lien Waiver?

Leave a Comment - 6



Subject: Unconditional Lien Release Subcontractor

I'm in California, LA. Can I demand unconditional Lien release from subcontractors, prior to final payment to GC?
I've found out the GC is shady and may not pay his subcontractors, expecting the subcontractors to place/hold a Lien against my property.


Subject: lien waiver from builder vs subs

Our builder has completely lost our trust in their handling of the money that they've been paid and it has come to our attention that some of the sub contractors that they brought in have not been paid yet. We've asked for lien waivers and now they claim that the only one we need and they will provide is from them at the completion of the job and that, that is the norm for construction. Is that true? It doesn't seem to be based on all that I've read and others that I've spoken with. Would having a lien release from the builder that we hired be sufficient to keep from getting liens placed on our home? It's been like pulling teeth to get them to adhere to the contract that they drew up and we really want to be sure they will do the right thing. As it is, we should have been in to our home at the end of August and due to their stalling tactics, we're still not in and may not be in by the end of the year at this point.


Subject: lein release

I satisfied the payment conditions of contract,over 5 years ago.
Contractor will not follow through with release of lein
What options are available to me?

Betty Batter

Subject: Easy Peazy...

Have your attorney explain things to her attorney, then her attorney can explain it to her, extolling the virtues of signing/sending you a lien waiver. Or better yet, request that she consults with legal counsel so it can be explained to her that sending a lien waiver is a good thing for her.

View Comments - 6 Hide Comments

Post New Comment

Offers <
Popular <
Answers <



Dictated by Federal LAW , you will need a Licensed and EPA Certified HVAC Contractor

to make such repairs . In fact , by law , ONLY A licenesed HVAC contractor can buy or install

said eguipment , NOT A handyman nor general contractor !


YES , You should have an A.C. sleeve surrounding the through the wall unit . These sleeves will usually accompany NEW products , either as a package or an add on equipment purchase.


Contact a Licenesed PROFFESSIONAL at once !


     It depends on what type of ramp you need. If it is built out of wood you could look for a carpenter or a deck company. If you are looking for a concrete ramp a mason would be what you are looking for. There are also metal ramps and I believe some medical supply companies may carry them or be able to steer you in the right direction. As for insurance coverage I am not sure. You may have coverage and would be best talking to your agent. Depending on why you need this ramp there may even be programs through your local government or even some of the local charities might help. It might be a project a local Scout Troop might help out on.