Top 5 questions to ask a Philadelphia moving contractor
Properly preparing for your move is the best thing you can do to keep costs down, says Kevin Riley, owner of highly rated Riley & Sons Moving & Storage in Philadelphia.
“Pre-plan to take only the necessities and items you want to keep,” he says. “Pack one room at a time; finish one room at a time. Don’t skip from room to room.”
He also recommends measuring your furniture to make sure it fits at the new home to avoid paying to move something that you can’t keep. “There’s also the option to move furniture into a home using window rigging, but that can get expensive quick,” Riley says.
When looking to hiring a moving company in the Philadelphia area, be sure to ask these questions:
- How do you charge for moving, and what items or issues might result in any additional fees?
- Are you licensed through the Pennsylvania Public Utility Commission?
- Will you provide a copy of your insurance and workman compensation policies?
- What is your overtime policy, and is it cheaper to move during the week rather than the weekend?
- How can I prepare for my move?