Tips for ticket brokers
If you've ever experienced standing in line for hours to nab tickets to see your favorite band in concert or to score tickets to a pro football game, you probably understand the value of a ticket broker doing the legwork for you.
A reputable ticket broker can save you time by eliminating waiting in line or on the computer or telephone. They also have access to tickets closer to the action, last-minute tickets or difficult-to-get tickets.
The ticket broker industry has evolved over the years and the National Association of Ticket Brokers has established guidelines to help regulate the industry. The nonprofit trade association released these recommendations to help you select a reputable ticket broker to help you attend your next outing.
Use these tips when you select a ticket broker:
- Make sure you’re working with a reputable broker by checking licensing credentials in your area
- When purchasing your tickets, use a credit card or another secure type of payment
- Check the location of the proposed seats on a seating chart before you purchase
- Don’t buy a ticket from an unsecured Internet site
- Compare prices among several ticket brokers