Tips for a successful outdoor wedding
by Jo Ellen Meyers Sharp
If you're planning to take your wedding outside, consider this advice to make sure your big day goes off without a hitch.
Some tips for celebrating nuptials al fresco:
- Protect candles from the wind by covering them with hurricane lamps.
- Practice walking on the lawn, mulch or gravel in heels.
- Face guests away from the sun for photos.
- Serve thirst-quenching drinks, such as sparkling water or lemonade, to guests in summer. Serve coffee or tea if it's chilly.
- Attach a large Popsicle stick to the program so it can be used as a fan. Or, create the program in the shape of a fan.
- Opt for chairs made of wood or other materials that won't retain heat and burn a guest like a metal chair will.
- Attach beads or spray-painted tiny fishing weights to the veil to keep it from blowing in the wind.