Simple bathroom remodeling ideas
Submitted by Karen Ann Meyer of Handyman Connection
Make good with what you have. This saying applies not only to life circumstances but also to our surroundings. Instead of moving into what you think is the perfect home, make small remodeling upgrades to the one you already have. Here are a few ideas to help you make the best of your current space with easy bathroom remodels.
- Mosaic backsplash – Make a plain, boring bathroom colorful and stimulating by adding a mosaic backsplash.
- New toilet – Changing the shape, color or material of a toilet will change the look of the bathroom. There are a number of styles available depending on the look you’re trying to create.
- Under cabinet lights – By adding new lights, you can create a subtle, rich and modern warmth to your bathroom. If you have a tiled, stylized or mural backsplash, the lighting underneath your cabinets will show it off.
- Glass cabinet doors – Modernize and streamline the look of your bathroom with glass cabinet doors or vanities.
- Faucets and fixtures – This is a subtle change that can drastically alter the look of your bathroom. The range of available styles enables you to inexpensively and beautifully accessorize the room.
- Storage – Medicine cabinets are one of the best space savers in a bathroom. Wheeled carts can contain a lot of daily items used in the bathroom. Adding a multi-tiered linen rack near the shower or tub adds much-needed storage space in a stylish fashion.
As of June 27, 2011, Handyman Connection was highly rated on Angie’s List. Ratings are subject to change based on consumer feedback, so check AngiesList.com for the most up-to-date reviews. The views expressed by this author do not necessarily reflect those of Angie’s List.