Prepare your home for the red carpet with these 5 staging tips
Red carpet events share several similarities to staging your home to sell. It’s all about the fashion, glitz, glamour and style of being the best you can be. How can your home be turned into a star performer so it sells fast and for the most money to you?
Any home can be turned into a red carpet winner, but your home stager must have the right eye to create your best look. It’s a gift that a good home stager already has – knowing what looks good and being able to make it work to your best advantage.
Give your buyers the feeling that your home is a breath of fresh air and perfect in all the right ways. Here are five tips that matter when selling your home:
1. Preparation: This is the most important step of selling your home. Do what needs to be done to prepare your home for its showing. This is your red carpet moment!
2. De-clutter: Nobody likes a mess. Be sure to pack up your stuff and get it out of the house to keep your home looking spiffy.
3. Depersonalize: Remove all of your collections, family photos and anything very personal to your home. Allow your buyers to see themselves living there.
4. Rearrange: Create the proper arrangement of your furniture and accessories to breathe life and energy into your home.
5. Clean: Nobody wants to buy a dirty house for top dollar. Hire a professional cleaning service to come in to make your house shine from top to bottom.
The stars prepare for months before walking the red carpet. The day of the event is the most important. How will they be perceived when they walk the infamous red carpet? They know they will be judged.
When you are selling your home, it’s all about first impressions. Your buyers will make a decision whether they will buy your home immediately. Will you be ready? Will you be a hit or miss?
Home staging is an art. Remember, you have one chance to make a first impression. Follow these five tips and you’ll be sure to sell your home faster and for more money. Selling and staging your home is an event – don’t miss the opportunity.