Noise Rules Could Quiet Your D.C.-Area Wedding
New noise regulations could put a damper on your wedding or other special event at Potomac’s Rockwood Manor Park located just outside of D.C.
A feasibility study was conducted for the 30-acre Maryland venue that’s governed by the Montgomery Parks department.
The findings from the study and rental policy changes will be discussed at a Jan. 14 public meeting at the Rockwood Manor house.
Neighbors have been concerned about noise and traffic at the park for several years, reports BethesdaNow. A now-defunct proposal to open a restaurant and “wildlife rehabilitation center” was panned by many neighbors.
When it comes to selecting the perfect venue, be sure to consider asking some of these questions before booking a reception hall:
- Is the venue available for my date?
- Can the wedding and reception be at the same place?
- What's the venue's maximum capacity?
- What's included — or not included — in the price?
- When can you get into the venue?