Important questions to ask an Austin handyman
Les Stobart, marketing director for highly rated ABC Home & Commercial Services in Austin, Texas, says a handyman can be your best bet for taking care of repairs large and small around the house, but knowing what you want and asking the right questions is the key.
- Can you provide an estimate for my repairs, or do you charge by the hour?
- How do you accept payment and do you require a deposit?
- Can you provide references?
- Will my job require work from a specialist or licensed subcontractor such as a plumber or electrician?
- Will you provide a written contract, and does it include guarantees or warranties for your work?
"The homeowner needs to have a pretty decent idea of what they want to accomplish," he says. "Writing down the understanding of what needs to be done and agreeing on the cost is important to maintaining clear communication."